Northeast Region New TNESPL Music Format......BASS Brawlin

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
    Participant count
  • Participant list

SPL Blazer
10+ year member

SPL Event Promoter
BASS BRAWLIN:

• Two scoring runs with the first run counting as the qualifier for the class.

• Both runs will consist of 30 second scoring averages. Intent will be to qualify in a class then, then hit the

maximum number for that class. Example – In the 260 class, the intent is to score a 260 after both runs, while

having the first run consist of a score of 130.0db or less.

• Open format – Minimum of at least one front window or front door must be fully open and unobstructed.

• NO set classes per woofer cone area or power. Strictly based on a musical SPL average.

• Team Northeast SPL Volume One cd will be the source music at all mutli-point events.

• No Re Runs allowed based on type of format.

Qualifying for onr og the three classes:

Qualifying score up to 130.0 ---> 260 class

Qualifying score of 130.1 to 140.0 ---> 280 class

Qualifying scores of 140.1 and higher --–> 300 class

Based on each class, any final score over the 260, 280 or 300 level will result in a break out score.

Anyone breaking out will be place in order by the amount of their over score behind all competitor who do not break

out.

Tie breaker – Any two or more competitor that place in a tie with the same final score will have one run to achieve the

130, 140, 150 mark for each respective class. This will be repeated until each competitor place above one another.

Points scoring will be the same as the SPL format.

• First place - 10 points

• Second and third place - Eight point

• Fourth place – seven points

• Fifth place and higher – Six points

• Points required for a finals invite in this format is to be 60 points for 2010 due to late introduction.

• 2011 Points requirement will be raised.

It says the first run for the 260 class can't exceed a 130, could the second? Like you hit a 129 the first run could you make it up and score a 131 you're second run to score a 260?

Yes, as long as you don't hit a 130.1 in your 1st run your good. In your qualifying runs you have to hit 1/2 the total number of the class your trying for. If you are trying for the 260 class and hit a 130.1 then you automatically get bumped into the 280 class. If you get into the 280 class with a 130.1 then you'll have to hit a 149.9 to get a perfect score. If you go over the "Perfect Score" for the class you qualify for then you break out. All break out scores get placed behind those that have not broken out. So if one person breaks out of their class and three don't, then that person will now be in 4th place.

It's gonna be something new for all of us, so expect it to be a little slow during the qualifying runs as people get used to the new format. Once we've all done it once it'll get a lot easier, and hopefully less questions being asked at the show.

Tried this out today in Sanford, ME...it was fun! I practiced a 280 class run on the TL and did a 139.7 on my first try. Then I said...hmmm... wonder how I could do in the 300 class?

Managed a 148.4 first run and a 147.4 second run (used different part of the song for second run without testing) for a combined 295.8 total. Not bad for my first try and way more fun than a burp!

Tried this out today in Sanford, ME...it was fun! I practiced a 280 class run on the TL and did a 139.7 on my first try. Then I said...hmmm... wonder how I could do in the 300 class?

Managed a 148.4 first run and a 147.4 second run (used different part of the song for second run without testing) for a combined 295.8 total. Not bad for my first try and way more fun than a burp!
was fun did 147.6 and a 146.6 i think 294.6 no practicesgreat job dave

It is a new fun format to try out. I think this was the 1st time I've had to do a tiebreaker against someone, too bad I lost the tie by .1 db's.
sorry i missed it steve it was probly when i was doing 118 down 95 racing a bike and i blew by him lol took 31 mins of the tomtom after it said 52 mins

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.