New test..IA 20.1 vs. Kicker ZX2500.1 vs. Orion 2500D

orion,ia,kicker.

i know both the ia and hte orion will play down to .25 for burps and the ia wil play lower but renember lower doenst always mean more power. thats like saying mo magnet mo louda...

orion,ia,kicker.
i know both the ia and hte orion will play down to .25 for burps and the ia wil play lower but renember lower doenst always mean more power. thats like saying mo magnet mo louda...
Keep in mind that we are talking about his setup. IIRC, there was a post about the kicker being more efficient than the Orion, which would help him out with the current draw issue. The Orion seems to fit his application better than the IA, so I would think an amp that doesn't draw as much current would outdo the Orion in this application. Then again, I can't seem to find the post, so I may be completely off. Ehhh.

Kicker probably won't handel that low of ohms, but the IA will.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
What would the load matter if he gets the power needed to improve his score at a higher load?

I think the best test would be to bench them at that impedance. Not test them in TypeR's setup. We already now he is majorly lacking on the current to back up what any of these amps can do. I am not bashing you man, but intill you can get and keep it above 12v I dont care the results.

What that said I still think kicker, orion, then IA on this test //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Keep in mind that we are talking about his setup. IIRC, there was a post about the kicker being more efficient than the Orion, which would help him out with the current draw issue. The Orion seems to fit his application better than the IA, so I would think an amp that doesn't draw as much current would outdo the Orion in this application. Then again, I can't seem to find the post, so I may be completely off. Ehhh.
absolutly right.

but for say a dbdrag competitor like myself all street competitors have the same rules "except some class are 1 battery some are two batterys but in the two battery class your allowed twice the amps" all ss competitors have the same rules all extreme etc etc.

but yah its all aplication in my setup a 12 volt single battery setup the powerbass 4 versus 2 soundstream 6500s the powerbass won by .5 and in another setup 1 on one on 18 volts the soundstreams won by over a db.

only way i can see the kicker wining is at 2 ohms to both amps. he has plenty of battery for either of those amps. ive ran 4 powerbass 3000ds off one battery before.

i dont tend to trust online test's of people but typerbass is a cool guy and i trust that he will post REAL results unlike others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.