New system, need suggestions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beentown

Senior VIP Member
I am an old school (mid 90's) competition guy. Used to be sponsored by Soundstream and a local shop. Anyway I have put car audio on the back burner since 2005. I still enjoyed a great system but funds were needed elsewhere (damned adulthood). So basically I have been out of the scene for a while now. Put it this way my last amps were an Xtant 4 Channel and Soundstream 10.2's run by a Pioneer P1R (which is still here somewhere).

Looking to install a system in my 4th Gen Dodge Ram Quad Cab. I have purchased these items...

Pioneer 2800BS

Soundstream 5 channnel (80x4, 350x1 @2ohms)

Infinity 2ohm components (front doors in 6x9 to 6.5 adapters)

Infinity 3.5" for dash speakers ran by head unit

Infinity 6x9's in the rear doors

QBomb sub box for under seat for 2-10's with .65ft3 of are space

4awg wiring kit

6 channel RCA wires

I know a lot has changed and Soundstream isn't the same great audio company it used to be. So, I bet many others are included in that now.

I was planning on using Rockford Fosgate P1's but the research is showing that they may not be the old reliable subs that RF was known for.

So I am looking for good 10" subs that can take a smaller enclosure, 4 ohms (wired both into two ohm), that will be fed 350ish watts. My budget is small as this is just a fun system for my work truck. I would like to keep the price of both subs under $150ish. I just can't justify the $4k system and 6-15's in a chambered box.

Thanks for your time/advice. Also, do you think anyone would be interested in the P1R?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.