New System, Need Installation Help, I'm a NEWWWB

Participant count
  • Participant list

SpeeDFX
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Heyo, I bought my stuff... now I need to install it...I went to that famous car audio electronic site and learned a bit, but I still wanted some specific instructions from the pros on this board. Here is what I have...

Pioneer DEH-P740MP

JBL BP1200.1

JBL P80.4

2 Adire Shivas

Infinity Kappa 6.5 3way

Infinity Kappa 6x9 3way

I have NO idea about how to start installing this stuff...starting from the head unit I need to know how to do this, can anyone help me?

Hey Man,

I will help with what I can, but the person you need to get ahold of is alaxan he gives the best directions with words.....

1st the head unit wires may match your car wires such as the left rear - to the head unit left rear -, but if not then a wiring harness would be easy to get a hold of and its just a matter of matching the wires splice them together and get some electric plugs to twist on the open wire so you dont happen to touch the postives with the negatives.

As for the amps you can run 4guage wire from the battery (12vlt/power) to your trunk...in the trunk I would run the power cable into a distribution block making the 1 4guage wire 1 8guage wires then 1 8guage wire hooks to your bp1200.1 where on the amp it says 12vlt and the other 8guage goes to your p80.4

The remote wire comes from your head unit and it should be a baby blue or navy and says remote on it....that runs to your trunk also....you can get a y split just about any electric store or car audio shop. In the trunk you connect the y split on the end of the remote giving you 2 remotes instead of 1 and you connect 1 to the bp 1200.1 and the other to the p80.4 where on the amp it says rmt.

Rca if you have double or more rca outs on your head unit then you could run rca's from on set to the bp1200.1 and the other set to the p80.4. Or you can run one set off your outs and into the trunk....in the trunk get 2 sets of y splits. 1 y split will connect to the red rca plug and make it 2 plugs and the same for the other. 1red to goes to bp1200.1and the other red goes to p80.4.

Hey I would use scotshe wire if possible or pheniox gold....you will need a regualr screw driver, phillips screw driver, wire strippers, needle nose pliers. attach fuses between your power cables and the battery (inline fuses) i would say 30a fuses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.