New System - Feedback please?

Participant count
  • Participant list

HeHeHaHaHoHo
10+ year member

MN
I'm looking to buy the highest sound quality build I can get for the money I want to spend which is around $750 give or take a few bucks. I already own the subwoofer so I'm not factoring that in the price. I'm hoping to have it sound more neutral if anything, and I want to avoid fatigue. I'm really wanting to stay away from a harsh sound. Loudness is not a factor. My subwoofer isn't going to be heard from a block away. I want HD radio built in, too.

The stuff in asterisks is what I'm leaning towards.

Components:

***Phoenix Gold Ti5/CDT*** $299.99

5.25" PHOENIX GOLD ELITE FOCAL MIDS CDT AUDIO COMPONENT (Woofersetc Outlet on eBay)

CDT Audio ES-520

CDT Audio HD-52

Alpine SPX-13PRO

Pioneer TS-D1320C

Subwoofer:

15" Dayton Audio Titanic MK III (I own this)

Four Channel Amplifier:

***Cadence DCA-4100*** $269

Cadence Vegas

Phoenix Gold RSD500.4

Infinity Kappa Four

Receiver:

***Pioneer DEH-P7200HD*** $199

Kenwood KDC-X995

Total Price: $767.99

I'm confused on which Phoenix Gold Elite component is a better buy.

I'm looking for sound quality and a more neutral, non fatiguing sound.

Any suggestions would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would look into Hybrid Audio Technologies... Are you going active, is that why you want a 4 channel, or are you running 2 sets of the components, one front and one rear set?

Also, how you like that Dayton? Looks like a beast. And what amp are you running it with?

I think your deck choice is very good for an HD radio.

I would look into Hybrid Audio Technologies... Are you going active, is that why you want a 4 channel, or are you running 2 sets of the components, one front and one rear set?
Also, how you like that Dayton? Looks like a beast. And what amp are you running it with?

I think your deck choice is very good for an HD radio.
I bought the subwoofer for a home theater project, but I never ended up building it. I've heard it's a great subwoofer though. I'm surprised it's not well known in the car audio world.

What Hybrid Component set are you talking about? I'm hoping to buy online, and the 12V store is the only online store. The Hybrid Clarus C51-2 looks to be too expensive at $519. I've heard the Phoenix Gold Ti5 is one of the best deals around. Have you heard anything about it? I think that one uses a morel woofer while the other Phoenix Gold Elite uses a Focal woofer. It looks like they both use CDT tweeters, or at least I see both have CDT in their name.

I was buying the 4 channel amp in hopes of powering the fronts with 2 channels and bridge the other 2 channels to the subwoofer. I'm not looking for thundering bass. I'm hoping it will just blend in instead of overpowering the components.

Also, I have a capacitor. With as much power as I'm using, do you think a I should get a new battery? Maybe as XS Power S680? Something less beefy?

The DCA4100 bridge test looks very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
scratch the cap, just get a kinetik HC600 for $100 or a shuriken 20AH for like $60 and that PG set your talking about is awesome sounding for the price. i have had them

What kind of car is this going into?
It's going in to a 2004 Hyundai Elantra.

scratch the cap, just get a kinetik HC600 for $100 or a shuriken 20AH for like $60 and that PG set your talking about is awesome sounding for the price. i have had them
I have a capacitor already. I forgot to mention that. Are you saying I don't need a new battery? Do you think that the Phoenix Gold Elite Ti5 is the best option? From the looks of it it looks to have a Morel Elate woofer and a Morel MT-23 tweeter. For $300 can you beat that? I'm pretty sure a pair of MT-23 tweeters and Elate woofers cost a lot. Would the CDT Audio ES-520 or HD-52 be a better choice? I'm assuming the tweeter is most important to me. I'm not quite sure what tweeter the Phoenix Gold Ti5 uses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.