New System Build - thoughts?

sparg93
10+ year member

NJ
I own a '99 Tahoe and it's time for an overhaul of the stereo system. I've been doing research for a few months and here is what I came up.

The system is going to be stealth, box is going under the bench. My focus is heavily skewed towards quality over loudness.

Also, since I'm buying all of this brand new and at once, do you know of any company that would put together a package price for me?

If anyone has recommendations - better components for the price, amp selection, etc..please let me know.

MMATS - 6.5" Components - $329 (front doors)

PRO 6.5 - Mmats 6.5" Component Speakers

MMATS - 6.5" Coax - $199 (rear doors)

CX-65 - Mmats 6.5 Coaxial Speakers

MMATS - 6x9 - $239 (roof of "trunk")

CX-69 - Mmats 6 x 9" Coaxial Speakers

Kenwood Excelon 600Wx4 - $329 (to power all the speakers above)

X600F - Kenwood Excelon 4 Ch. 600 Watt Amplifier

Dayton NS270-44 10" Neodymium Low-Profile DVC Subwoofer - $119 (2 of these)

Dayton NS270-44 10" Neodymium Low-Profile DVC Subwoofer | Parts-Express.com

Kenwood 1000w x2 - $129 (power the x2 subs above)

KAC-7205 - Kenwood 2 Channel 1000 Watt Performance Series Amplifier

Box - $109

1992-1999 Chevy Tahoe Down Fire Sub Box - Car Audio Factory -

Headunit

Not sure yet, still deciding....

I've searched but haven't had much luck finding the power handling capability of the 6.5" component system...anyone know and can send me a link to the site?

I've emailed MMATS but they haven't responded.

I was told the Kenwood Excelon were a really good bang for the buck for the components....

I did go a little cheap on the standard Kenwood for the subs; but I didn't think it would matter as much to lower the quality of the amp for the subs.

Any recommendations on amps to match the components w/o breaking the bank?

forgot to add...which amp would choose then for those subs? a few folks on this website recommended the Daytons for my shallow box...

I put Image Dynamics 6.5 XS seperates in my car and they sound fantastic....they were up about $379.00 on sale so i was lucky....they list around $479.00. You will need to spend more on your amplifiers or they will be the weak link no matter what speakers or hu you buy....Image Dynamics I4500 is a good amp but around $499

I'm new to this, so I might be wrong with this assumption...please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The Kenwood Excelon sub amp seems to have pretty good specs compared with ID; in particular the S/N ratio:

KAC-X20 - Kenwood Excelon 2 Ch 1000 Watt Amplifier

ID amp:

Q 1200.1 - Image Dynamics 1-Channel 1200 Watt Amplifier

Same with the ID multi channel amp:

i5800 - Image Dynamics 5-Channel 760 Watt i-Series Amplifier

Also, the ID amp prices are considerably higher...looking at the ID specs, what makes their amps better then the Excelon (not trying to difficult, i'm still in learning more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.