New system advice

Which setup should I go with?

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

cody0707
10+ year member

I have a stock system in my Jeep Patriot. The head unit is just a factory cd player and I have the ability to change the volume and station using my steering wheel controls. The speakers are 6x9s all the way around. I am wondering if I should change out the stereo and door speakers or if I should just change out the stereo and add a 8" sub.

What do you think sub and amp or new door speakers and amp? I have been out of the stereo loop for a little while now. What speaker and amp would you recommend for the given setup. I want the best bang for the buck.

Well it depends what you're looking for. If you want better SQ on your 6x9's then upgrade them, but if you want some bump then get the 8. If you can't decide, go with the 8" since you already have working 6x9's in place.

If you do decide to go with the 8", I suggest finding a For sale thread for SA-8's. It's a great little sub and you won't be disappointed.

So the sub and the rear 2 speakers would be running off the same bridged channel?
No. just leave the rear ones on the Radio power. rear fill or rear speakers arent really all too necessary in a car audio system. You run the front two speakers off the amp and the channels 1 &2 of the amp then use channels 3&4 bridged to the sub. that way you only need one amp.

Alternatively, if you aren't afraid of spending a few extra $$, you can get a 5 channel, run all the 6x9's off the 4 channels for the amp, and run the SA-8 off the 5th. The 5th channel is usually more powerful than the other channels, which makes it convenient to run a sub from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...