New subwoofer and amplifier not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aaronss99

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently bought a Pioneer GM D9601 Amplifier and a Pioneer TS-W261S4 subwoofer. Im wiring them to a 2014 Mini Cooper and as I'm using the stock head unit I have cut into the the rear speaker wires and ran a speaker wire to an adaptor allowing me to plug them into the RCA input on my amp. The amp accepts speaker wire input so no need for a low output connector. I connected everything however my subwoofer only makes a small vibration when I play music (about the same amount as my regular speakers do) does anybody have any suggestions on how I can resolve this thanks. 

An adapter that converts from speaker wire to RCA will greatly attenuate the signal to "low level". 

From what I can tell that amplifier does not have high level inputs for speaker wire directly.  Is your second sentence a typo?

It is possible the factory system removes bass from the rear speakers to protect them, in which case there wouldn't be much signal for the amp to use.  You may need to wire into a signal before a factory amp or at the front speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.