New Sub

I just looked up my amp, it's a mono block amp with speaker outputs like a 2 channel amp.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-cEe0lhjCiCs/p_575R5001/Rockford-Fosgate-Prime-R500-1.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
yeah u should be at 500 watts as long as u wired at 2 ohm.. with that power i'd do 2cfad but if space in tight try as close to 1.7cfad as u can get and later get bigger amp (if port is big enough for more power, shredder can tell u how much power port will take)

Lil' project here... lol... like Gramps said the ports wont see compression till ya put around 525 watts of input according to Winisd (650 watt amp) so I'm sure you'll be fine in that regard. I chose not to brace the sides and ports as it's not really high power and if the holes you cut fit the PVC tight you'll be fine (I never had a problem yet). Send me a PM so I can get your email OP and send the drawings if you want em'.

2ljrz9.jpg

Just a basic box with no bracing and easy to build... ought to sound nice with that P2-12 you got (better than sealed anyways)... lol

I was running a Punch 12" P2D4 @ 2ohms in this exact BOX And it hit loud and hard. My main listening taste is metal and rock, some rap and a bunch of other stuff. This box with that sub was great for kick drums as well as "bass" bass. Not trying to take anything from anyone... but as far as size goes it's good for that sub. My box is sitting on the floor in my living room, waiting for the next sub. Good box.

I was running a Punch 12" P2D4 @ 2ohms in this exact BOX And it hit loud and hard. My main listening taste is metal and rock, some rap and a bunch of other stuff. This box with that sub was great for kick drums as well as "bass" bass. Not trying to take anything from anyone... but as far as size goes it's good for that sub. My box is sitting on the floor in my living room, waiting for the next sub. Good box.
yeah they lie about airspace on those, it's really about 1.2 after sub disp.. this one is actually right i think tuning on mine is 36hz after sub disp on my pioneer 12 pretty loud https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-SINGLE-1-75-Cu-Ft-PORTED-L-VENTED-3-4-MDF-GREY-SUBWOOFER-SUB-ENCLOSURE-BOX/272338976297?hash=item3f68aafe29:g:~i8AAOSw-zxWn1j7

H*ll... I dont even think this ol' setup flexed THAT much...

Jeez... if I titled this video "Flexin'"... I'd probably get roasted by other members. Lotsa loud guys on this forum... lol

That Obcon box really sounded ok tho?.. $65... pretty affordable

Lil' project here... lol... like Gramps said the ports wont see compression till ya put around 525 watts of input according to Winisd (650 watt amp) so I'm sure you'll be fine in that regard. I chose not to brace the sides and ports as it's not really high power and if the holes you cut fit the PVC tight you'll be fine (I never had a problem yet). Send me a PM so I can get your email OP and send the drawings if you want em'.
2ljrz9.jpg

Just a basic box with no bracing and easy to build... ought to sound nice with that P2-12 you got (better than sealed anyways)... lol
What's the significance of the round ports instead of the rectangle? I've only ever bought pre made boxes, so idk.

2ljrz9.jpg

Can you design a box the same size with a rectangle port instead of the round ones?

Can you design a box the same size with a rectangle port instead of the round ones?
I already did 2 designs... maybe if you start a thread in the proper section someone else will help you... sorry.

2ljrz9.jpg

Good looking design, my only critique is to add a 45 in the back right corner to help guide the air to the port since they are so close to the wall. Side firing ports might be ebtter depending on the trunk layout and ability to load.

Good looking design, my only critique is to add a 45 in the back right corner to help guide the air to the port since they are so close to the wall. Side firing ports might be ebtter depending on the trunk layout and ability to load.
I tried to avoid any 45's and keep it simple... oh well, seems the op wants a slot port anyways... I'm out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.