New Sub

Sure... that shouldn't need a ton of port. (500 watt amp, 2 ohm load).. I'll bet even with a slot probably wouldn't be very big. What's that amp do into 2 ohms?.. 300 rms?
It Does 500 rms, bridged because it's a 2 channel amp.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wait so u have a d4 sub wired to what ? on a bridged amp? if u have to wired to 8ohm bridged that's the problem and sub would be better on the other amps i mentioned..

Interesting... I haven't seen a 2ch fosgate stable into a 2ohm load bridged since my old Punch Power 50X2 circa 1996... 500 watts bridged into 4 ohms maybe... but if you say so, I never claimed to know it all... lol

Even if you're running less power than you think a ported enclosure will make a big difference either way.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@shredder2 can design you something and still maintain trunk room.

Quick and dirty... OP is that too big?.. that's as small as I'd go ported and the tune ought to be what you're looking for.

hbcIEJ.jpg

More airspace would be my preference... but that's a space saver. Looks like a prefab, but it's not...lol

Interesting... I haven't seen a 2ch fosgate stable into a 2ohm load bridged since my old Punch Power 50X2 circa 1996... 500 watts bridged into 4 ohms maybe... but if you say so, I never claimed to know it all... lol
Even if you're running less power than you think a ported enclosure will make a big difference either way.
I just looked up my amp, it's a mono block amp with speaker outputs like a 2 channel amp.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-cEe0lhjCiCs/p_575R5001/Rockford-Fosgate-Prime-R500-1.html

[quote name='shredder2'][quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@shredder2 can design you something and still maintain trunk room.

Quick and dirty... OP is that too big?.. that's as small as I'd go ported and the tune ought to be what you're looking for.

hbcIEJ.jpg

More airspace would be my preference... but that's a space saver. Looks like a prefab, but it's not...lol[/QUOTE]I can probably go a little bigger. On Rockfords site it shows recommended ported box is 1.79 cubic feet, but they don't show a range of what's good.

That amp is a great match for a P2-12d4... what space you willing to give up?.. more width, height or depth?.. around 1.9-2ft3 net would do nicely with the same tune IIRC.

That amp is a great match for a P2-12d4... what space you willing to give up?.. more width, height or depth?.. around 1.9-2ft3 net would do nicely with the same tune IIRC.
I can goto 16" for the height, and can go wider some to get within the range.

I can goto 16" for the height, and can go wider some to get within the range.
Ok... I'll play around and whip something up later if you'd like. I seem to have a bit more free time of late.

[quote name='shredder2'][quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@shredder2 can design you something and still maintain trunk room.

hbcIEJ.jpg

More airspace would be my preference... but that's a space saver. Looks like a prefab, but it's not...lol[/QUOTE]

Port opening exceeds the 9:1 ratio which can create tuning, loading and phase issues. I would use a 4 inch aeroport for this design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.