New sub setup

slboytoy

After years and years of abuse, I finally had enough of fixing the tinsel leads on the 8 year olds JL W3 (version 1). I had 2 12" in a sealed box. Looking for new options for the summer tunes. I have a custom computer setup in my car. Setup in sig.

The fusion amp will run 2 sets of components speakers. I already have 1 set of boston's and looking for another door set. (I'll post that up in the component speaker section). I don't want to upgrade my amps, so I'm staying with the JL 500/1 amp for subs. It pounded the W3's good enough for my ears (I'm getting old, 30)

So I have lots of ideas, price isn't an issue.

Replace the 2 12" W3's with the new versions, and do a ported box.

1 crazy 12" sub (at 500rms)

or 2 different subs (like Sundown that I see everyone loves around here)

• The amp is 500RMS, so I'm sticking around that area.
  • I will have good components upfront for SQ ($300 dollar range)
  • Price isn't an issue for sub (or subs)
  • 2 subs or 1 great sub
  • 2 old JL W3 was good enough for my liking, I'm not doing DBL shows

^^^ This. If the price isn't an issue for you, a W6 is perfect. Will hit as hard as your 2 w3's also. Since you are looking for SQ with just a little thump there is a guy on here selling a Morel sub that would be amazing for what you are going for. Just look in the subwoofer classifieds section. Not sure if it is still available though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.