New Sub Purchase

Hawaiian
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
Ok, so I got my Alpine 9887 installed in my new (used) little civic lx 4dr that I picked up for grad school. I stuck in 4 of the coaxial PG RSD6.5's because I don't have a shop here to do components and wired up my old USB4085 to them (and they start getting muddy around 21 on the deck with gains around 2/3... maybe I need to spend some time tuning or something).

Anyway, the question now is bass. I've got my old Kicker 1200.1 that I figured I should put to use and pretty much the whole trunk to work with, though it'd be nice to be able to throw some books in there. I've always appreciated the SQL of my old Brahma (see my old install pics) yet appreciated its ability to get loud when need be.

So my research has brought me to a few options, would appreciate input:

1. 2 Kicker CXR12s (about $240 + about $75 shipping off ebay, thank God we can get UPS ground now in Hawaii)

2. 1 JL 12" W6v2 (about $350 shipped off the compare prices list on caraudio.com homepage)

3. 1 RE SX 12" (found a dealer here in the islands, $500+)

4. Ship over my old Brahma, but I'd have to pull it out of my truck and have nothing to listen to when I go home + shipping and building a box to ship it in

Again, looking for reasonable SQL, but always like to have spare SPL when my buddies pull up pounding their W0's or audiobahn's. Would love to save money so I can eat every once in a while if possible.

Thanks for the input, let me know if you need anymore info

EDIT: Ok, so I'm starting to really think RE may be the way to go. It looks like I may be able to ebay these cheaper than I can find them locally. My wallet appears to be able to afford 1 SX or 2 SEs. Which would be better SPL? SQL? Overall?

It's actually the RE SX 12" that I think I might be able to get, not the SE. I might be able to check into availability of the SE's as well. Anyone compared SE's to SX's? Much of a difference?

Also in terms of SPL, will I be sacrificing a lot by going with a single RE SE or SX as opposed to the two CXRs?

Thanks as always

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.