New Sub Purchase Recommendations

Bumpin03
10+ year member

James Madison University
Virginia
I haven't been around in a few years, but used to be a regular on this forum. I've been dead broke (college), so I have been out of the hobby for the last few years. I now own a Profile CA 1200 (450x2 at 2ohms or 300x2 at 4 ohms). I know its a cheap amp but im still in college and thats all i can afford. I'm looking for a sub/enclosure for no more than $200. What would you guys recommend? Take into account that im in college and have no access to any tools that would allow me to build my own enclosure. I'd also like to take any reccommendations as to alternatives to purchasing a sub enclosure from a local shop because I know they ****.

PS: I did try searching but I had a hard time finding a thread that really helped me out with my circumstances.

Thanks everyone,

Steve

prolly a tc sound 1000 series or the lower line from soundsplinter. or if u want u could go with a type r. good luck with the box man. pre-fabs **** ass.

thanks for the quick reply. if possible, could you also post the website where i could find the subs also. i know i sound like i dont know what the **** im talking about but ive been out of the hobby for quite a while.

i would like to stay away from prefab boxes. does anybody know anyone that makes boxes at a reasonable cost?

i'd like to stay away from mainstream subs (alpine, JL, etc.). i've owned my fair share of those and have been dissapointed almost every time. i've never heard of soundsplinter, but i will look into them. last i knew, RE and eD were at the top of the game and were brand new at the time, so i'm looking into subs that are equivalent to them.

thanks again,

Steve

Thanks for the site and the advice. I don't see any "lower line" from sound splinter though. The bottom line 12" that I see costs $250, which is too expensive for me. I'm looking into the AA subs. I wish I came in time for the Arsenal buyout. I see the Arsenal's go for $180 now, which I could probably afford. How would 2 Assassin's sound compared to one Arsenal? In the past, I've favored the one sub setup, but if these Arsenal's are pretty good, I could get 2 of them for cheaper then 1 Assassin.

I couldn't find any prices on the DD website. I'll probably have to call tommorow. One thing I forgot to say in the first post is that I'm looking for mostly SPL, but the cleaner the better. I'm looking into 2 12" Assassin's but they say they are mostly SQ. I would definantly be porting whatever i choose to get, so would these assassins get pretty loud or not?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.