1 vs 2 subs?

viperrgh2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
usa
It seems like everyone has mixed opinions on this, and I dont know what I want to do. My budjet is about $200 for subs in my marquis, its a big trunk I can pretty much fit w/e I want. I want alot of bass but not to muddy.. My biggest question is one sub or two subs better if they put out the same power total? Right now Im leaning toward two 12 cvrs but looking into one really powerfull 12 or 15? I like the look of two 12s but if one sub will sound better Id do it.. any opinions explaing the diffrences will be great.. thanks..

for $200 I would go with a single sub, maybe you might find someone selling a mag. RL-p, or a Sonic FX which is loud as hell and great SQ. I think one quality sub is better than 2 half ass subs which imho CVRs are.

Two subs wont always sound better. Two subs if they are in too small of box would not do as well and one good sub in a box big enough for its application. Its my understanding that having two subs in the same type of enclosure giving them the same power will give you a db gain but not a huge one compared to the single sub. Its all about what you prefer.

any suggestions for a good 12 or 15 under or around $200? (links are great to) or sites that have em.. cause I always see suggestions go to google em n can never find em

1 sub setups are sweet espically if u get it soundin right u can impress a lot of people

1 sub setups blow.... Please tell me you think 1 12" w7 soundsbetter that 2 12 w7s so i can punch you in the fukn melon

1 sub setups blow.... Please tell me you think 1 12" w7 soundsbetter that 2 12 w7s so i can punch you in the fukn melon
So how much louder will 2 12W7's be than 1 12 W7?

Not to mention no amount of W7's will sound good:up2somet:

well Im not sure what that person meant but I mean like 1 sub with 800 rms vs 2 subs with 400rms each...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.