new sub options

Participant count
  • Participant list

sgresham
10+ year member

Hi guys. It's been a long time since I posted, but I think I'm about ready for some new subs. The car is a 2008 Infiniti G37 coupe, so the trunk is quite small, and I currently have an RE SE 10" powered by a Sundown Audio 1500D. I've had this setup for about 2 years, and, honestly, the RE is just not what I am looking for in terms of bass. It does get decently loud off of the 1500D, but I also think either it is close to blowing, or it's just muddy as hell. It's in a small sealed enclosure.

What I want is a strong amount of bass, but I want it to be clean bass. I guess that would be considered SQL. The constraints I have are a relatively small trunk and that I do not want to get another amp besides the 1500D. Heres what I was thinking of:

2 SSA DCON 10s

2 Sundown Audio SA-10s

3 Sundown Audio SA-8s

3 JL Audio W7s 8s (which are waaaay more expensive, so if they aren't way better than the other options, I'm not interested.)

In addition, any other 8s or 10s that I should be looking at? I could probably also do 1 12, but not 2, I dont think.

I think that is way too much power for the DCON's, they are underrated but not sure they can handle much. Skip the W7's, not worth the price. I say go with the SA10s

Thanks for the replies guys. DCONs are out I guess. Misterdeadeye, you believe the Daytons to be superior for what I am looking for than the SA-10s? I was kind of leaning toward Sundown subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.