New stereo worked perfectly before I lost all audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

plunix

CarAudio.com Newbie
I own a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Boston Acoustics premium audio. The stock amp runs 6 speakers and my jl 500 1d runs the sub. I had a Kenwood deck installed by myself previously and everything worked fine. After wiring in my new Atoto A6Y2721PRB unit, everything worked great. I did a firmware and mcu update, closed up the dash and now I have no sound. I checked the amp fuse and it's fine. It has a factory Boston Acoustics amplifier in it and I have a feeling it might be blown. I checked all the wiring. Everything looks good.

My sub has a separate amp plugged in to the HU. Even if the factory amp for the speakers is fried should I at least get bass coming out of that subwoofer?

Any other ideas?

i have an 09 grand cherokee....how is your new HU wired to the factory boston amp? the mygig unit used a can-bus signal to the boston/kicker amp

Last edited:
Well it was at least wired correctly because I did have sound before the firmware. It may be a fluke that everything happened before was unrelated and it simply killed the amp somehow.

I'm using a PAC RP4 CH11 and a metra wiring harness.Everything's wired pretty much the same way on my Kenwood.

I have the amp blu white wire going to the pac blu white AND the harness blu white. Im not sure if both are to be tapped into it.

in their help section I was reading that sometimes a head unit doesn't output enough power for the stock amp to turn on so I might actually wire to the 12-volt accessoriy as it recommended.

Last edited:
huh....i would honestly prolly say its your new chinese crap HU, put the kenwood back in and see what happens, i doubt you fried the factory amp- check the fuse- if I remember its top left corner "under steering column" fuse panel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.