New Stereo Integrity Mag Pricing Leaked!

I think what Park was trying to get across is there's nothing special added to the coil to make the design xbl2. It's all in the top plate. If you know the gap sizes you can size up your own coil to fit it.
Best,

Mark

P.S. Of course, I cannot speak for Park directly. But then, he can't at this time either. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
well yea he was saying there is nothing special about the coil to make the xbl2 design, but this came about when someone asked if they can use a different recone from a company. i said, probably not, he said what he said, and i said what i said.

electrodynamic: makes sense to me

Unless the suspension sags 2mm, 3mm, to 5mm when mounted horizontally, there isn't an issue with the motor/woofer becoming "useless." Most modern day suspensions are designed with horizontal mounting in mind. The last driver I saw sag a significant amount was a Peerless 12" driver from 1977. So unless you're dealing with an extremely compliant suspension that has big issues with horizontal mounting, you have nothing to worry about.

But back on track, if the coil is aligned 3mm off-center, you will have slight problems with the performance. The driver will perform similarly to an improperly aligned underhung or overhung design. ...as in a std overhung vs. an improperly aligned same std overhung.

Assembly of an XBL^2 driver is critical to performance - your normal person who wants to build a franken-woofer will probably have issues if they're trying to build their own driver in their bedroom or garage.

So is alignment critical? Yes. Will the driver be "useless" if mounted horizontally? No. With the precision and quality control that goes hand-in-hand with assembly of the Mag and BM's, there is nothing to worry about.

Please note, I said technology and not driver...

Ok, so the tolerances in xbl2 are about +/- 3mm for your driver. Thanks, that was all I was asking.

Best,

Mark

Please note, I said technology and not driver...
Ok, so the tolerances in xbl2 are about +/- 3mm for your driver. Thanks, that was all I was asking.

Best,

Mark
Actually the tolerances are less than 3mm for the Mag and BM's. I was generalizing about XBL^2, not speaking about our Mag's specifically.

And you're right, you did say technology, not the driver. As long as it is designed properly there is no issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.