New speakers again

Participant count
  • Participants list

TommyGun41x

CarAudio.com Recruit
I bought a set of infinity kappa’s awhile back and really liked them. 6x8 2 way 680.9cs. I’ve since blown the tweeters. I bought an oscope and set both amps with it. The kappa’s sounded great but 160 watts was too much. I’m replacing them with jbl stadium gto 860c. I’m curious how the sound will compare. The kappa’s were 4 ohm so I bridged my 4 channel amp. The jbl’s are 2.5 ohm so are only going to get 75 watts a side. I’m planning to just use the front channel on the amp. Us acoustics usx 4065. I might have to get a new amp. What do you guys think?

I bought a set of infinity kappa’s awhile back and really liked them. 6x8 2 way 680.9cs. I’ve since blown the tweeters. I bought an oscope and set both amps with it. The kappa’s sounded great but 160 watts was too much. I’m replacing them with jbl stadium gto 860c. I’m curious how the sound will compare. The kappa’s were 4 ohm so I bridged my 4 channel amp. The jbl’s are 2.5 ohm so are only going to get 75 watts a side. I’m planning to just use the front channel on the amp. Us acoustics usx 4065. I might have to get a new amp. What do you guys think?
Run it!!! That amp is some clean underated power.Use It!! Its a Low TDH amplifier/pretty dammned clean amp. Put it back to work

Run it!!! That amp is some clean underated power.Use It!! Its a Low TDH amplifier/pretty dammned clean amp. Put it back to work
I plan to, I’m just wondering about the power difference. 160 watts to maybe 70. I’m hoping it’ll still be strong enough for my sub stage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...