New Soundstream Reference Amp Same As The Old?

I just swaped my ID Q700.2 and Q450.4 for the SS REF4.920 and REF2.640, after a quick listening session I would say they are as good as the ID with a little bit more extensive pre amp section, just my two cents on the subject

the new ref series is awsome 'not talking about rubicons now'
I have installed a ref11000 running at 1.6ohms and a ref4.902 'running 2 channel both channels of the 4 channels in mono playing stereo at 2ohms' running 3 w0 jl 12's and 2 sets of polk audio highs and it just screams. SQ is awsomer and a quick pop of the back plates shows a great pcb layout and quality parts used. 'deff not like some cheap amps where oyu open the back and you see a ratoln a wheel making dc current' lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

deff as good or better as the old ref500 i used ot run back in 1990's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Okay, I don't mean to make you look bad buddy, but there is some mistake. I personally have not even had a 1.1000 to play with yet. They are NOT out yet so any websites that claim to have them are lying, period.

like the ref1.1000http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Soundstream_Picasso_PCA1000D/

like the ref4.920

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Soundstream_Reference_800.4/

bascialy like this but a bigger cap bank 'not the small little yellow caps like in this pic

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Soundstream_Reference_604/

but as in the other two above give me till this weekend and ill snap some pics of this trunk since both amps are inverted wiht the guts showing
Maybe I do not understand... Are you giving these link stating that the new Refs will be the same as the link?! I hope not! The new Ref boards are brand new, not off-the-shelf boards that everybody has and certainly not modified previous models. I appreciate you wanting to show everybody the boards, but the Ref boards look NOTHING l;ike anything we have ever done...

i like soundstream but they are *****d out on ebay and that makes it harder to sell...
No ****! I hate that. I bailed from the DIY forum because everybody there is a freaking genuis and will only buy *****d out stuff on eBay. Stupid primadonnas. Anyway, I just shut down an online NOT AUTHORIZED dealer last week. There are two online places that sell at map, everybody else is not authorized and there are no warranties. The stupid dealers did not realized that we started serializing all amps late last year. I order one, track it and drop the dealer and distributor if they willing knew whatr was going on. It will be an uphill battle forever, but we are doing what wer can. I'm glad you understand how inet *****s ruin the industry. They obviously do not realized that sooon the will be stuck with entry level product only. All of the mid-upper lines will cut them off or be out of business...

I am just being an ass because of the quotes from Grizz Archer:
"Soundstream is one of the only companies that is not sold at Crutchfield, at Best Buy or any other mass marchant."

What is Woofers etc? This is not a mass merchant but rather just an online guy. If I had my way there would be zero online sales. But the economy is screwd right now, so yes, we have to sometimes do things we would not normally like to do.

"Our contract with Net Enforcers is in full effect and they have been advised that this is the most critical of all of our products."

This would apppear to NOT be the case:eek: As I said, we do have a couple of places that are legit and can offer a warranty.

"The brick and mortar sore are what keep us in business"

Funny, I don't know of any local B & M shops in my area that even carry Soundstream. In fact, according to their dealer locator, the closest dealer is in Texas. Soundstream may make a better product, but I am NOT driving to another GD state just to purchase their product!
I don't blame you - I would not either. We can not be everywhere, but we can keep trying. Since we cannot be everywhere, we have to allow a couple of online guys to carry the product to cater to these people...

Is Soundstream opposed to "showing" off these new Ref boards?
Not at all - but people (not you) ***** and complain about everything when do do nothing about it. Why didn't somebopdy just call me and ask me to take a pic of the board for them. DUH! We cannot sell Ref amps that have shitty boards inside so obviously they are impressive. However, if this is going to be a suituation where a guy does not see a 6" diamater torroid and thinks the amp ****, then I cannot do anything about that. I only joined the group today to settle a few misconceptions. Tell everybody in the future, that manufacturers would appreciate it if they can be given the chance to provide what people are asking about rather than having a bunch of people talking about something they have no experience with. At least, I would think that companies would want this. I certainly do. If some wants pics, just ask! Like I said, I am not picking on you at all, I just want to give everybody what they are asking for so people do not complain when I have not even been asked about a getting a photo for them...

FYI, people need to contact the company DIRECTLY. I have spent 3 hours on here already and on only 1 thread. I am too busy to do this all of the time. Remind me tomorrow and I will take a pic and post it... Cool bro?

Not at all - but people (not you) ***** and complain about everything when do do nothing about it. Why didn't somebopdy just call me and ask me to take a pic of the board for them. DUH! We cannot sell Ref amps that have shitty boards inside so obviously they are impressive. However, if this is going to be a suituation where a guy does not see a 6" diamater torroid and thinks the amp ****, then I cannot do anything about that. I only joined the group today to settle a few misconceptions. Tell everybody in the future, that manufacturers would appreciate it if they can be given the chance to provide what people are asking about rather than having a bunch of people talking about something they have no experience with. At least, I would think that companies would want this. I certainly do. If some wants pics, just ask! Like I said, I am not picking on you at all, I just want to give everybody what they are asking for so people do not complain when I have not even been asked about a getting a photo for them...
FYI, people need to contact the company DIRECTLY. I have spent 3 hours on here already and on only 1 thread. I am too busy to do this all of the time. Remind me tomorrow and I will take a pic and post it... Cool bro?

Sounds good to me. I am not putting any doubt on the new soundstream at all. I was just curious on the new technology.

Ok, so I got some pics of the big 4 channel. Look's **** good to me. Nice and clean.

I left the pics big so you can see them better.

dats.jpg

2ilk8z4.jpg

2dcisno.jpg

23nu2t.jpg

wss844.jpg

xeq3qr.jpg

im87ir.jpg

akketv.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.