new sound quality setup what do you think?

Use that AP2000 on your fronts, it's got a lot of power.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If not, sell it to me cheap. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yes but not everyone is into car audio.... have of the judges or spectators dont even know what any of it is.. im just looking for something that sounds good and i think the way im going to do it will sound good but that is what i posted this thread for to get input on my selection. im not trying to be rude but do you have any input on this thread besides you think that my selection involves cheap equipment? what would you recomend and why do you call them cheap do you have any expirience with this equipment?
Do I have any input? Isen't that what your looking for? You made a thread about some equipment and wanted some comments, so I gave you one. I'm sorry if you don't like it. And I call them cheap because they are $30 dollars a set. Thats pretty cheap if thats all your putting in your show car. I don't have experience with those actual models, do you? I've heard AudioBahn and similer wallmart brand stuff and woulden't have them in MY show car.

Do I have any input? Isen't that what your looking for? You made a thread about some equipment and wanted some comments, so I gave you one. I'm sorry if you don't like it. And I call them cheap because they are $30 dollars a set. Thats pretty cheap if thats all your putting in your show car. I don't have experience with those actual models, do you? I've heard AudioBahn and similer wallmart brand stuff and woulden't have them in MY show car.
yes they are cheap speakers but i only picked those b/c they would be ran off the h/u power... the front components and amps and sub is what i was mainly worried about. i appreciate your comments though.

Do NOT listen to him. . . . he's the bad sheep of ca.com . . . . he doesnt know what good sounds like and he consistently talks about how "loud" his car is and how he can "drown people from a mile away" to be exact in his own words. . his 142.xx is NOTHING impressive to be bragging about like he talks about. He doesnt know much about car audio period either, he's afraid to check his own CONNECTIONS.
Enjoy your stuff, I am a fellow camaro owner and I love mine. If you like how it sounds thats all that matters.
You are so far off from reality I don't know what to say. I said 1/4 mile away as to express how much louder mine is and how I will drown you out, no dought about it. And I hit a 144 on the New Termlab with 2 $170 12" Mofo's that every says aren't loud with about 500 watts a piece to them. That was in a 30hz box that was designed to do very poorly on the meter! You sure know how to make an ass out of urself kid! And you say as long as he likes it, thats all that matters!?!? Its a show car!!! Ment for show to other people! Wheew buddy! You make me giggle! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

While I do have a general dislike towards platestacker, he is right on this account. To have "sound quality" and to list the specific equipment you have is an oxymoron in itself. Invest in better equipment, end of story. Personally, I'd keep those 2 10" CVR's, and run a set of middle-line DLS, CDT, MB Quart, or Diamond comps off some clean power...

You are so far off from reality I don't know what to say. I said 1/4 mile away as to express how much louder mine is and how I will drown you out, no dought about it. And I hit a 144 on the New Termlab with 2 $170 12" Mofo's that every says aren't loud with about 500 watts a piece to them. That was in a 30hz box that was designed to do very poorly on the meter! You sure know how to make an ass out of urself kid! And you say as long as he likes it, thats all that matters! Its a show car!!! Ment for show to other people! You make me giggle! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

dont do all that in my thread please i want to keep this clean and on topic... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Honestly, there is no need for rear fill in such a small environment. It will have no benefits for your listening experience up front, and a well-installed front stage will be more than enough for the occasional rear passenger.

Trust me, you'll like it better.

I would save up a little more before you start looking for stuff, because your options open up drastically when you get into the $200 range for components. However, if you must go with the budget you have now, Phoenix Gold RSD components can be had pretty cheap and I have seen some good reviews on them.

A PG RSD sub would be nice too. Very nice woofer for around $100. Amps are really the hardest part of the system to find cheap. You can go with the Profiles to match if necessary, but you'll get better quality from some of the used stuff in the classifieds.

Bottom Line: Bringing it all in within your budget is possible, but not easy. A little more cash will open up a lot mor possibilities for you.

dont do all that in my thread please i want to keep this clean and on topic... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Nothing Platestacker does is clean. He knows absolutely nothing about SQ, and apparently not much about SPL if he thinks his car is so **** loud.

As always, Im not the one that started the **** talking acting like a little jealous baby. I hate when people start dumping like he did. But there are quite a lot of speakers and comps you can grab for around that same price and still use those Profiles to amp them. Power Acoustik also has great Mid/High amps for cheap that look pretty cool for a show car as well. I would stay away from the mainstream stuff that you can buy at Circutcity or BB. I would think people would like to see something that you can't buy in stores for really cheap, in a showcar. And when you turn them on they are pretty loud and sound good too.

i can do $200 for the components what are my options? will the profile amp be ok for powering them or should i be looking into something different?

i can do $200 for the components what are my options? will the profile amp be ok for powering them or should i be looking into something different?
Like I said, those profiles are great for power mids/highs and small substages for cheap. Look into the new Power Acoustik Gothic and Power series for good quality amps for a good price also. Phoenix Gold also makes some good 4 channels for cheap.

those amps are alot more power than the components are rated at, how much power should i be sending the components?

do you have a link to some reviews for those phoenix gold components? i am just worried they arent going to be the best quality i can get for the money but i dont have never heard them have you?

those amps are alot more power than the components are rated at, how much power should i be sending the components?
do you have a link to some reviews for those phoenix gold components? i am just worried they arent going to be the best quality i can get for the money but i dont have never heard them have you?
Set the gains a little low and the amps will perform beautifully with those comps.

As for the RSD reviews:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6342&highlight=spx-177r

http://www.soundbuggy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4280

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3543&highlight=RSd (5.25")

from: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86260&postcount=3

should i get some 4x6's also or just run the components and the sub? the pg is what you would reccomend? these would do better than the type r's and the polk momo's or the infinity's?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.