new sound quality setup what do you think?

88irocZ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
middle GA
well i have 4x6's in the front and 6x9's in the rear of my camaro im thinking about changing to a 5" speaker set for the rear and adding a 5.25 component system in the front at the kick panels also i want to make an amp rack in the back for the amps and have 2 8" subs facing forward. here is the setup i was thinking about let me know what you think good or bad and suggestions would help b/c i know yall know alot more about this stuff than i do. im planing on running the 8" subs and component system through the ap1040 amp and the 4x6 and 5" rears run through the h/u power. then the infinity kappa 12 run off the ap1000 what do you guys think of this setup?

4x6= audiobahn AS46Q http://www.millionbuy.com/adbas46q.html or infinity 6412cf http://www.millionbuy.com/inf6412cf.html

5" rear speaks= phoenix gold r5.0 http://www.millionbuy.com/phgr50comp.html

5.25 component speaks= infinity ref. 5010cs http://www.millionbuy.com/inf5010cs.html or alpine spr13s http://www.millionbuy.com/apnspr13s.html not sure on these yet.

two small 8" subs in the rear facing forward for midbass= rockford fosgate rfz3408 http://www.millionbuy.com/rocrfz3408.html

subwoofer= infinity kappa perfect 12

amp for comps and 8"s= profile ap1040 http://www.millionbuy.com/prfap1040.html

sub amp= profile ap1000 http://www.millionbuy.com/prfap1000.html

i just got the links from the same site to make it a little easier and these prices seem to be the lowest maybe if i get em all from the same place ill save money on shipping.

looks good..specially that sub..
You want an amp to along with it though?
naw i want to run matching amps b/c im going to be showing the car and want to keep it clean and neat and all matching

heres a pic of my setup now... dont mind the phone and screwdriver though.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Why not just run fronts and forget the rear fill for an SQ setup?

I know some people like rear fill, but have you ever tried to image and soundstage your system with only fronts? Makes a world of difference for the better, IMO.

Are you at all able to put 6.5" comps up front?

Why not just run fronts and forget the rear fill for an SQ setup?
I know some people like rear fill, but have you ever tried to image and soundstage your system with only fronts? Makes a world of difference for the better, IMO.

Are you at all able to put 6.5" comps up front?
6.5 is an option i mean i havent made the kickpanels yet but i have a manual swap that im putting in my car this summer and i want to take away the least amount of space down there as possible its fine down there right now but i dont want to be kicking a speaker when i go to change gears either.

so you dont think i should run rear fill at all? you dont think i should use the 8's or the 5" phoenix audio speaks and tweets either? i mean you tell me you probably know more about this than me ive never had a SQ setup but i want to be blown away you know. like crystal clear music and loud. i figured the 8's in the back would help some with the midbass since im going to be using a 12" SQ oriented speaker so the 8's possibly could hit the tighter crisper beats.

what do you think about the speaker selection?

1. 6.5 is an option i mean i havent made the kickpanels yet but i have a manual swap that im putting in my car this summer and i want to take away the least amount of space down there as possible its fine down there right now but i dont want to be kicking a speaker when i go to change gears either.

2. so you dont think i should run rear fill at all? you dont think i should use the 8's or the 5" phoenix audio speaks and tweets either? i mean you tell me you probably know more about this than me ive never had a SQ setup but i want to be blown away you know. like crystal clear music and loud. i figured the 8's in the back would help some with the midbass since im going to be using a 12" SQ oriented speaker so the 8's possibly could hit the tighter crisper beats.

3. what do you think about the speaker selection?
I'll try to answer these as best I can...

1. Kicks would be ideal, but is there any way you might be able to mount the 6.5 mids in the doors and then the tweets in door, a-pillar, or dash pods? That way you won't have to worry about putting your clutch foot down.

2. A very good SQ setup should be imaged so that (to put it as simple as I can) you can close your eyes and draw a mental picture of where everyone is positioned on the stage in front of you. Add rear fill to that, and the stage gets pulled behind you, destroying the soundstage and imaging.

3. Not bad, but I would choose Crystal SSCS6's or some Rainbow SLC265 Kicks and amp them very adequately....150-200WPC for the Crystals and 100-150WPC for the Rainbows (there have been some people here amping the Crystals by as much as 250WPC or more). Both are very heavy on the midbass.

There is NO reason to use rear fill in a Camaro. The space is so small, it would just cause trouble Tell us what your total budget is and we can help out better. You shouldn't need much equipment to fulfill your needs. Single sub, a set of good comps, and the amps to go along with them should be all you need.

And I don't think it would be a bad idea to sell off your stuff and just start from scratch.
Werd up. And stay away from Audiobahn. Da prittie blingbling =/= sounds good.*

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

*For those of you not versed in netbonics, that means their products totally **** for SQ.

Werd up. And stay away from Audiobahn. Da prittie blingbling =/= sounds good.*
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

*For those of you not versed in netbonics, that means their products totally **** for SQ.
Not everything they make *****. They have a couple amps out there that I've heard decent things about (like the A8000T I just sold to MisterGrubbs). But I would agree that you should generally stay away from most of their products, especially for SQ.

There is NO reason to use rear fill in a Camaro. The space is so small, it would just cause trouble Tell us what your total budget is and we can help out better. You shouldn't need much equipment to fulfill your needs. Single sub, a set of good comps, and the amps to go along with them should be all you need.

well my budget is cheap i want good good equipment but unfortunately i am cheap. but if im not going to be using any rear speaks then i guess i can spend a little more on the components and amp, i would like to stay under $250 on the component set and amp to power them, i was looking at the profile b/c it is in my range and i have used their products b4 with success and it would look good with the two amps matching.

i dont really want to put the component speaks on the door but it is a possibility i just hate how it looks, i used to have tweets in the apillers but took them out b/c i put in a dual gauge pod...

i am selling all of my equipment actually, my subs were sold today and so was my box i just need to find a good home for my BARELY used ap2000

i appreciate yall helping me with this i would have just posted my price range and said yall tell me what to run but i would have got.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif and no answers.

you guys think just the 4x6's and components and rear sub would be a good SQ system? i understand what you guys are saying about the concert thing but to me it would sound weird with no rear fill?

im going to be showing the car and want to keep it clean and neat
And your using the cheapest equipment you can't find? If I were to see a nice car and looked inside to see $30 speakers and $80 amps... I would shake my head and laugh. Thats like seeing your Iroc all nice and modded out on the outside and poping the hood and seeing a small little dirty stock V6. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

And your using the cheapest equipment you can't find? If I were to see a nice car and looked inside to see $30 speakers and $80 amps... I would shake my head and laugh. Thats like seeing your Iroc all nice and modded out on the outside and poping the hood and seeing a small little dirty stock V6. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
yes but not everyone is into car audio.... have of the judges or spectators dont even know what any of it is.. im just looking for something that sounds good and i think the way im going to do it will sound good but that is what i posted this thread for to get input on my selection. im not trying to be rude but do you have any input on this thread besides you think that my selection involves cheap equipment? what would you recomend and why do you call them cheap do you have any expirience with this equipment?

naw i want to run matching amps b/c im going to be showing the car and want to keep it clean and neat and all matching
heres a pic of my setup now... dont mind the phone and screwdriver though.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg
i must be missing something because those dont look like infinity kapa perfects which is what you named

i must be missing something because those dont look like infinity kapa perfects which is what you named

you are correct those subs picture are 10" kicker cvr's i just bout a 12" kappa perfect sub to replace these cvr's. i never said I had the kappa but i was working out the deal with alxmlr789 to get it and i just bought it tonight so that is on the way now as well i still have everything else left to get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.