New setup questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

blockburner
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
This is for my Dodge charger..What I have so far.

2005 RE MT 12" plus custom box built by DC tuned to 32hz. firing forward

Enough 1/0 to run 2 runs

Two yellow tops and stock batteries

Factory 160 amp alt

My questions for the knowledgeable are as follows.

Should I push the sub with either a Sundown SAZ2000 or a AQ3500.1? (I own both)

Am I going to have to upgrade my alternator?

Is there anything else that I may need?

Thank you in advance for any constructive criticism

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the aq3500 but I don't know the impedance of your RE.

I cant see either of those amps being a big strain on your electrical .. 3 batts, 160 alt, 2 runs of 1/0!!

I ran 1 wire from front battery to the back batteries and another run right from the alternator to the back batteries... and alternator to the front battery of course ( big 3 )

the 3500 is going to be to much on the electrical if you turn it up .the saz will be a better choice for now
when you say this, which part of my electrical do you mean?..I made a mistake in buying the yellow tops and am going to be replacing with a couple of 100 ah batts.

So 3500/10=350-160=190. plus the batts should cover or am I wrong with my math?

when you say this, which part of my electrical do you mean?..I made a mistake in buying the yellow tops and am going to be replacing with a couple of 100 ah batts.So 3500/10=350-160=190. plus the batts should cover or am I wrong with my math?
the bigger batts will help ,,but you arent taking into consideration the cars draw on the alt and batts

Last edited by a moderator:
the bigger gatts will help ,,but you arent taking into consideration the cars draw on the alt and batts
Its a 75 ah just for the car and 2 100 ah's for the system. Yes you are correct on cars draw but how much could it be? heat in the winter, a/c in the summer outside of the radio that is it.

The price of the alt is going to knock my $%&* in the dirt at 500.00+ right now. I really want to give this mt all it deserves and then some

I still dont think he's gonna have an issue for the fact he isn't running full till or even close.

what is the impedance of your coils, dual 2/4?

think about burping a subwoofer for a 30 second run at lets say 2000 watts (close to 150 amp current draw), will that RE mt handle it.. mayebe a few times but after that i doubt it.. point is he's not going to be steady drawing 150 amps for the fact his woofer wouldn't handle and im sure he's not playing test tones for bass race so his charging system will be able to recover

I still dont think he's gonna have an issue for the fact he isn't running full till or even close.
what is the impedance of your coils, dual 2/4?

think about burping a subwoofer for a 30 second run at lets say 2000 watts (close to 150 amp current draw), will that RE mt handle it.. maybe a few times but after that i doubt it.. point is he's not going to be steady drawing 150 amps for the fact his woofer wouldn't handle and im sure he's not playing test tones for bass race so his charging system will be able to recover
Look While I appreciate you chiming in I suggest you check your info.RE Mt's around 2000 rms/5k burps. And yes I will be running close to full tilt which is the reason why mylows points was extremely valuable as I now have a 240 mechman on the way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.