new setup (noob)

taintedplay
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
dallas
hey guys i know very little if any about car audio, and this is a build i threw together and wanted to see if its good

componet amp: '08 HIFONICS TXI6408 680W A/B CLASS 2/3/4CH AMP NEW -

sub amp: HIFONICS TXI1008D CAR AUDIO 1000W CLASS D AMPLIFIER -

sub (maybe two) Alpine SWR-1242D type r

head unit: PIONEER DEH-P4000UB CAR AUDIO/STEREO CD/MP3 PLAYER 4000 -

speakers (2 or 4) alpine spr 57c's

distribution block

And a set of 4-channel RCAs:

and an adapter for my headunit to fit.

is that everything and good parts?

thanks in advance!

yes you'll need a battery. but if you're asking if your stock one will do, I say most likely. only way to know for sure is to try it, but I'd say you're fine. Setup looks alright, R's are the way to go on a tight budget. I might get a hifonics 160"x" I know the r's can take more than 500 a piece and headroom is your friend.

also dont forget about the $100 you're going to have to spend for wiring

If you're going to use the said sub amplifier, I'd go with a single 15" Type R ported. If you do not have room, then a single 12" Type R ported. No sense in spending extra money and the sub will take it.

And I do not(just me talking) care much for the Alpine Type R coaxial/components. They're not very clean, but I will admit get more than reasonably loud. The Diamond Hex is a good comp set, as well as tons of others. You could consider one of the new Pioneer comp sets, if you'd like. I'd suggest running a component set up front, coaxials in the back.

Everything else is a good choice for the money spent, I'd say though.

that amp will power the subs good though?

what all wiring will i need?

ithanks for the link for the amp wiring, i just dont know anything about wiring and which one should i do for which amp?

thanks for the responses so far guys!

wow this is one of the best noob setup suggestions i've seen in a while, its not stupid with audiobahn and crap. but not overly optomistic with i wanna run 2 dd 9515's and 4 sundown 3000's

yea i did research before i posted. Alot of it. i dont want to be one of those guys whose just like tell me what to buy now without me having to try

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.