New setup doesn't sound too great....

Does anyone know what wire from the tweeter is negative? I looked in the manual and it says nothing. I'm guessing the one that is a mixture of black/red is? Am I correct or no?

So I took the door panels out again and played around with the settings and phase of the RSD's. Nothing improved really. I don't know what it is or what to do. Maybe I'm expecting too much I don't know. I was just expecting more from these speakers that everyone's been going crazy over. The thing that I notice the most is that when there are a lot of different instruments/sounds they speakers seem to not be able to distinguish between the instruments and kind of blends them together I guess. It sounds like crap, especially most rock songs. Rap sounds decent and so does soft rock with a single guitar and simple drum riffs. Techno sounds pretty bad. I spent $240 for the PDX amp, $87 for the RSD's, $45 for the streetwirez amp kit (was $90, but tehcronics screwed something up and gave them to me for half off), and $370 for the Pioneer DVD HU. Definently not worth the money for the little bit of improvement I gained. I think I'll just save up a little more and get some speakers in the $300 range. Anyone know of any good comps for that amount?

So today I tried to EQ it a little better and took the advice of the poster in this thread who told me to EQ under from Flat. Sounds better, but I still think I'm not getting the most out of them.

I can turn my up to about 40, but then they start to get a little distorted. I can crank almost 140dbs on volume 30 out of 62. Just how I have my gains set.
Does it get unbearably loud? What amp are you using?

Don't get me wrong, my RSD's don't sound terrible to me, but not nearly as good as I thought. They get somewhat loud, but not even close to unbearably loud without distortion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.