New Rockford Fosgate T1's are BEAST!

So many groans in under 24 hours...

Here's the problem with the RF sub, and most mainstream gear... Is it terrible? Sometimes, not usually. Is it mass produced for as much money as possible, rather than constantly being improved and built by hand FOR the customer? Yes. Can better be had for less? Yes.

I work at a car audio shop. the 2010/2011 Power T1 subs are insane. 12" 800RMS. In a big slot ported box with more than enough power they are crazy loud.
Wow, you work at a car audio shop? That immediately means we should trust your opinion because you "know the game"! I like where this is going...

Power rating is very, very conservative. On 1000RMS it barely tickles it, even after extended periods. The voice coil cooling is absolutely superb, which attributes to the high thermal power handling. The whole cone is a heatsink, not to mention the other finned heatsink on the front side of the magnet, as well as being well ventiliated.
Oh, that's pretty cool. It seems like a well engineered subwoofer! Damn, you sure seem to know your stuff! Lets see what else you have to say...

Other guy I work with ordered two of the 12s, and one ended up being defective, just making a little noise in the voice coil. In order to get the serial number to RMA it, you have to cut the cone out of the sub, in other words destroy it.
A defective sub? That doesn't sound right. A good company wouldn't let a defective sub pass through its factory, would it? Better yet, why would they engineer the sub so that in order to see the serial number, you have to tear the cone out??? That sounds a little counter-intuitive to me! I mean, my Eclipse SW-9122 has the serial number under the cone as well, but it is so well engineered that you don't have to tear the cone apart, all you have to do is loosen a set screw and un-thread the top assembly from the motor, with which you can peer through and check out that serial number! It's funny, that Eclipse sold for less than $500, was heavily underrated at 1500 watts RMS, had an aluminum cone, advanced cooling technology...oh, that's right, it's missing the RF logo. Duh, my bad. Inferior product.

So before we did that, we decided to WALL SOCKET IT, yess always fun. Well, try to anyways. Plugged it in 120v AC, and off she went, crazy excursion. It was going nuts for 5 minutes straight, and wouldn't stop. But we had to stop, so we gave up. The worst it did was a little bit of smoke.
Crazy, right? Boy, I'll tell you. What's really crazy is watching an Atomic APX handle a European 220v wall socket with the coils wired in parallel, for 5 or 6 burps without it smoking! Your sub was obviously hooked up in series, because there's no way your circuit breaker could handle the low resistance of the coils in parallel for 5 minutes. But now that I get to thinking about it, I'm confused again. Why is it that your $500 sub smoked off of a 120v socket with the coils ran in series, while my $400 sub can take a European 220v socket with the coils ran parallel without smoking? Well, I guess that doesn't matter, because it don't got that good ol' RF logo on it, right?!?

Moral: the new Rockford Fosgate Power subs are bulletproof.
Anybody else have the joy of having one?
Uh oh, more confusion! How is it that you got a defective sub if they are bulletproof? Better yet, how is it that your bullet-proof sub smoked off a 120v socket ran in series, while my $400 sub didn't off a 220v socket ran in parallel? Doesn't sound very bulletproof to me...But hey, I guess I should take your word for it. Rockford has always had a reputation for being bulletproof, there's no chance that they would have taken advantage of that and reduced their quality control to save costs after that reputation was thoroughly established! I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I have been in the possession of over 30 blown RF amps in my lifetime. I mean, hey, you're the one who works at an audio shop, right?

It's not my fault you can't afford nice Rockford Fosgate.
Oh ok, now it all makes sense! It's because I can't afford nice RF equipment...That totally explains why both of my aforementioned subs that cost less absolutely DEMOLISH the T1 in every way, shape, and form outside of maybe cosmetic appearance. I mean, why spend less on a better sub when you can overpay on something obviously inferior! That's right, it's that RF magic they sprinkle on the subs that makes them so much better.

trollhard.png

And I bet none of you have seen (in person) or heard a new T1, or any other RF sub from the 2010/2011 line.

Thanks, *** holes.
I've heard both the t2 and t1 and all the punch models

I learned that if u blow an Fi sub it is ALWAYS your fault! And u will be flamed as necessary. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
yeah their **** tinsels they had and the motors that cracked in half were all ''user error'' as well

also I came in this thread with the intention of actually defending the OP until I saw his second post

Since everyone here says the T1 and T2s are junk and cheap, tell us what makes them cheap junk. Is it the voice coils,glue they use, spiders, magnets, aluminum cones, cast baskets,or the way they have the coolng channels in the vented pole. Is it a bad design,or do the price just turn people away. what is it that make people hate Rf.
I've owned a 12'' t2 d2 the motor is way to open so it is very efficient but will unload quick, the cone is crap mine actually separated and made horrible noises, and fosgate has both sq and spl trophy's

I work at a car audio shop. the 2010/2011 Power T1 subs are insane. 12" 800RMS. In a big slot ported box with more than enough power they are crazy loud.
Power rating is very, very conservative. On 1000RMS it barely tickles it, even after extended periods. The voice coil cooling is absolutely superb, which attributes to the high thermal power handling. The whole cone is a heatsink, not to mention the other finned heatsink on the front side of the magnet, as well as being well ventiliated.

Other guy I work with ordered two of the 12s, and one ended up being defective, just making a little noise in the voice coil. In order to get the serial number to RMA it, you have to cut the cone out of the sub, in other words destroy it.

So before we did that, we decided to WALL SOCKET IT, yess always fun. Well, try to anyways. Plugged it in 120v AC, and off she went, crazy excursion. It was going nuts for 5 minutes straight, and wouldn't stop. But we had to stop, so we gave up. The worst it did was a little bit of smoke.

Moral: the new Rockford Fosgate Power subs are bulletproof.

Anybody else have the joy of having one?
I installed a new 2010-2011 RF 12 inch T1 and thought the same thing. My box is 2 cubes tuned at 32 hz and it slams hard. I have it hooked up with my Arc Audio KS 1000.1 at 2 ohms and quite honestly it can handle a lot more. This series hits the lows very very well. The best part about the woofer is the grille that it comes with. I was quite surprised because I used the older T1s for years and thought they were ok but these T1s are a totally different beast.

i can't either o_O, and rockford fosgate is just a brand, just like all the others, its certain products now, but mostly from the past that gave them the "name" of quality that they now hold.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.