New Radio for Acura MDX 2002

GaryK

I just began researching the possibility of puttin a new stereo into my Acura MDX 2002. The new systems have a lot more options that my old factory system. I found some interesting systems on crutchfield.com. Ever system I picked had the following notes.

◦The factory navigation system will be lost if radio is replaced.

◦You'll lose the factory Video Entertainment feature if you replace the factory radio.

I don't have a video entertainment feature, but I DO have the factory navigation system.

Is there any way to put in a new system and not lose the navigation system?

If NO, then this is a show stopper for me.

If it's like my 07 Pilot and he does that he'll still have a dead radio in the dash and a second one that works. I got luck my 04 MDX didn't have Nav and I was able to run an Alpine CDA-9887. My Pilot got an Alpine OEM integration unit (PXE-H660) to keep all the functionality. It's not ideal and I'd rather have a deck but it works and I'm able to play 150+ DB with the stock radio.

My in-laws have the exact vehicle and honestly you'd be doing yourself a favor getting rid of that nav system, it really is that bad.

Any $100 add-in nav system will be much better then that thing.

The factory radio looks funky shaped...will a d.din even fit? Get one with nav built In..or get a portable.

If you insist on keeping the factory stuff...get an oem integration and be done with it.

There are (2) panels where the navigation and radio are mounted. For the radio panel I can get a double height din with a face kit. The navigation display controls the A/C fans and the trip computer. So I don't think that I can lose this without other issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GaryK

GaryK
Monroe,NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
GaryK