Car radio not car radioing

Participant count
  • Participant list

Patrick Berardi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello! I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma that is having a rather interesting issue.

My radio hasn’t worked in the past few years and I’m done with the Bluetooth speaker thing

When I turn my car on my Sony Xplod 52w x4 acknowledges it’s powered and will scroll the generic text, it knows the sensor for the CD player is supposed to do something, and when I turn the car of it makes the signature “bee boop bee boop” of it turning off

I have tried every which way to try and pull my radio out for closer inspection from asking people to YouTube videos and I got nothing. I have not removed my center console or my dash cover

I am wondering if the fuse for my dashboard is powering the radio and the /ACTUAL/ radio fuse has blown? Maybe a wire in the rear ribbon clip is loose? I have been and am stumped. Please help

Hello! I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma that is having a rather interesting issue.

My radio hasn’t worked in the past few years and I’m done with the Bluetooth speaker thing

When I turn my car on my Sony Xplod 52w x4 acknowledges it’s powered and will scroll the generic text, it knows the sensor for the CD player is supposed to do something, and when I turn the car of it makes the signature “bee boop bee boop” of it turning off

I have tried every which way to try and pull my radio out for closer inspection from asking people to YouTube videos and I got nothing. I have not removed my center console or my dash cover

I am wondering if the fuse for my dashboard is powering the radio and the /ACTUAL/ radio fuse has blown? Maybe a wire in the rear ribbon clip is loose? I have been and am stumped. Please help
Can we assume that it's approximately 13 years old?? I would replace the unit. If you don't have the skill set, Best Buy charges $79.99 for installation. Just a suggestion.

When this plays, is it from the speakers or the radio's internal? If it is from the speakers, then they and the radio's built in amp are ok. To clarify further, does the CD play but no sound out the speakers?
When the chime plays, ya know what…I never considered that and it SOUNDS like it’s coming from the car speaker.

But the CD player, when a cd is presented the sensor knows “ahh yes accept CD” and even “ahh yes i can eject the cd too!” But there is 0 audio, and 0 control.

It’s like it says “ahh yes “CD…I know exactly what to do with this…definitely…1000%…ok I actually have no idea here ya go take it back”

It’s like it says “ahh yes “CD…I know exactly what to do with this…definitely…1000%…ok I actually have no idea here ya go take it back”
If the CD is not scratched and is an original recording (not a burned CD), then the issue may be the radio software. Only thing I can think of trying is disconnecting all power from the radio for 10 minutes, and if it has a reset button, hit that as well.
You had trouble trying to remove it for lack of tools. If it has two small holes on each side of the radio or trim ring, you can insert four long nails (or similar objects) into them and pull out the radio. If you have to get get a new radio, most use a standard connector so it will most likely be plug & play.

Radio is after market (from Best Buy no less) Sony Xplod 52w x4
What you probably need is a need is a set of removal keys.

With the unit powered off, you push (kind of quick snap-push to get the face to pop off on one side) the face on the right or left side (right side on my Pioneers) and the face should pop out, then you unlatch it.

They go into the sides of the unit with the face off.

1705335157635.png

To remove the face and reset, check this site, may help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...