New Pg Line

I'm trying to figure out a quality difference between my 1200.1 and 500.2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I don't believe that there is a quality difference between the Tantrum's. But in my opinion the 1200.1 has a design edge. It is quite a different animal than the others in that line.

x2. Now those were amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I like the MS line as well. Classic Phoenix Gold.

phoenix engineer told me these were replacing the xenon's not the octanes guys..... and i agree they look hideous!!!! never find one in my car anyway....
Did you slap him? If he had anything to do with these aesthetic abominations he deserves it.

Bring back the Tantrums //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif
X2,Tantrums were teh joint

Xenons I thought were ugly and these are worse.......

I think PG is not selling as many amps(xenons) as hoped and they need a quick revamp...........Who knows really...

I think the new look,quasi madmax for lack of a better word is lame

since I was corrected by a pg tech on another forum, I figured i'd pass the word on here as well.

MS amps were in production, but they recently stopped.

also, the fact that these amps arent even designed using their triple-darlington output stage should give some clue that these arent (atleast.. not a permanant) replacement for xenon.

pg has also stopped production of their octane-r/zr lines, so it's no more a replacement for xenon than it is octane, the truth is - it's their only line

since I was corrected by a pg tech on another forum, I figured i'd pass the word on here as well.
MS amps were in production, but they recently stopped.

also, the fact that these amps arent even designed using their triple-darlington output stage should give some clue that these arent (atleast.. not a permanant) replacement for xenon.

pg has also stopped production of their octane-r/zr lines, so it's no more a replacement for xenon than it is octane, the truth is - it's their only line

Wow, if it stay their only line for long i think they will all end up in the bread line.

Man at this point it might actually be an improvement.
You cant base this amps off looks alone. As far as im concerned it could be one of the better sounding amps out. We will all just have to sit and wait, and see how these things do. Ive been told that this new line is supposed to be solid though, and the subs can handle massive amounts of power. Time will tell....

You cant base this amps off looks alone. As far as im concerned it could be one of the better sounding amps out. We will all just have to sit and wait, and see how these things do. Ive been told that this new line is supposed to be solid though, and the subs can handle massive amounts of power. Time will tell....
Not just looks. I mean i honestly think the xenons look like poo but i run them in my car. Really the only new amps i do like the looks of are ED, simple almost classic look to them. The power specs for the new PG just arent that impressive, and unless they were way way way underated i just wouldnt be interested in the amps. The speakers maybe.

I really do wish the best for PG and hope they can return to their former glory. The only reason i said that about DEI is because at least all the brands they own maintain a level of quality and reliability. Might not be as high as before DEI took them over, but i would still buy orion, PPI, ect.. The DEI owned brands i can think of havent seemed to be plagued by the problems PG has over the last few years.

hell...why do yall think the xenon looks so bad? i think theyre pretty **** good looking amps
I just like the old simple look of like the M and Ms series or some other old school amps like the crossfire CFA amps. Simple, plain and oh so sexi when flushmounted. The flashy silver look just isnt my favorite. Give me something plain and simple that preforms amazing!

in my opinion, the standard xenon is visually......... average.

the onyx versions are quite good looking, though. none of my xenons ever had any reliability issues, so I was very impressed by them over all. based on xenons alone, I dont see why everyone is hating on the pg of late.

but I do agree that you cant judge a book by its cover, and this is especially true of amps.

the tantrum line wasnt particularily good looking. If you were around sounddomain when they launched, the general consensus of them, pre release, was that they were cheap ripoff's of RF BBQ's. but they performed! so people easily got over their looks, and eventually fell in love with them.

not to say this line has what the tantrum line had......

in my opinion, the standard xenon is visually......... average.
the onyx versions are quite good looking, though. none of my xenons ever had any reliability issues, so I was very impressed by them over all. based on xenons alone, I dont see why everyone is hating on the pg of late.

but I do agree that you cant judge a book by its cover, and this is especially true of amps.

the tantrum line wasnt particularily good looking. If you were around sounddomain when they launched, the general consensus of them, pre release, was that they were cheap ripoff's of RF BBQ's. but they performed! so people easily got over their looks, and eventually fell in love with them.

not to say this line has what the tantrum line had......
x2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.