New, Mint, Never Used: Alpine MRV-F450 V12 5-Channel Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alpine1

Item(s) for Sale:

Alpine MRV-F450 5-Channel Amp

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Ten years ago I worked for Alpine HQ in Torrance, CA. I purchased this amp and never used it. It has all parts and has never been powered up. It is in mint condition. This amp is for the person who knows what this is, is excited to see this listing, and can't believe that there is a mint MRV-F450 up for sale. The only thing missing is the original box. For anyone who can appreciate this classic amp, don't delay because someone will snap this up before you and you know what the realistic chances are of ever seeing a gem like this again.

Price:

$400 (Amplifier still has plastic affixed, see pics)

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

I'm in Los Angeles and prefer local transaction.

I will include original manual. Here is a pdf: http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/MRV-F450%20OM.PDF

Info from Crutchfield:

Our take on the Alpine MRV-F450

My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?

You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.

Let Alpine's 5-channel MRV-F450 V12 series amplifier deliver the juice to your entire speaker system. It provides 4-channel amplification to your main speakers, while a fifth channel drives your subwoofers.

The unstoppable power of this Alpine V12 Series amp comes from the massive transformers and fast MOSFET power supplies. Extra-large capacitors deliver additional current when needed to fuel musical peaks. The amps are built using Alpine's STAR Topology design to greatly reduce internal noise, keeping the signal clean so that your speakers can perform better.

The internal Bass Engine® provides built-in crossovers for adjusting the amplified frequencies. The subwoofer channel also has a subsonic filter and Bass EQ, which lets you tune the low frequencies for optimum effect in your vehicle. The top-mounted controls are conveniently hidden and protected by a flip-up top cover. Likewise, your cables are concealed under the front cover, which can be removed to save space.

Details:

50 watts RMS x 4 + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms

60 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms

120 watts RMS x 2 + 200 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode

2-, 3-, 4-, or 5-channel output

Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)

requires 8-gauge power and ground leads — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier

Bass Engine® features:

front and rear channels have variable 50-200 Hz high-pass/low-pass crossovers, 12 dB/octave

sub channel has a 30-200 Hz low-pass crossover, 12 dB/octave

selectable (15 Hz or 30 Hz) subsonic filter on the sub channel

tuned Bass EQ (6 dB bass boost at 50 Hz with adjustable Q factor, while frequencies below 30 Hz are cut by 6 dB) on the sub channel

MOSFET power supply

STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference)

oversized power and ground connections

gold-plated screw terminals

top-mounted controls with cover

detachable front cover

blue power LED

16-9/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 11-1/4"D (depth is 10" with front cover removed)

Highlights:

5-channel car amplifier

50 watts RMS x 4 + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms

60 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms

120 watts RMS x 2 + 200 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode

2-, 3-, 4-, or 5-channel output

Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)

requires 8-gauge power and ground leads - wiring and hardware not included with amplifier

Bass Engine® features:

front and rear channels have variable 50-200 Hz high-pass/low-pass crossovers, 12 dB/octave

sub channel has a 30-200 Hz low-pass crossover, 12 dB/octave

selectable (15 Hz or 30 Hz) subsonic filter on the sub channel

tuned Bass EQ (6 dB bass boost at 50 Hz with adjustable Q factor, while frequencies below 30 Hz are cut by 6 dB) on the sub channel

MOSFET power supply

STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference)

oversized power and ground connections

gold-plated screw terminals

top-mounted controls with cover

detachable front cover

blue power LED

16-9/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 11-1/4"D (depth is 10" with front cover removed)

Item Pictures:

Personal Images:

2i8bsyu.jpg

2lw68h3.jpg

Photos from Crutchfield:

x500MRVF450.jpeg

x500mrvf450-o-top.jpeg

x500mrvf450-o_side.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.