new member here that could use some help.

dcornelius08

so first off id like to say hi to all you audiophiles out there

and i was wanting to ask some questions, i am new to the whole car audio thing.

but my biggest problem is deciding on which subwoofers to buy.

i want 15's i have two 12's now but they just dont hit the lows i want them to.

so to get to the point, im not looking for a setup to win a competition or anything i just want to know which would be better or louder. to buy two lower rms 15s or one higher rms 15.

i currently have a 900w rms at 2 ohm monoblock amp and want to keep it cuz it doesnt dim my lights or anything. i really dont want to have to completely update my electrical system.

so if anyone has any suggestions on 2 lower rms 15s that can run under 450 each or just one higher rms 15 that runs at 800-900 rms.

im sorry if this is confusing as hell to read haha

does anyone know if an alpine type r 15 being rated at 750 rms could handle 900 without blowing instantly haha

also does anyone know anything about the re audio srx 15's?

What are the 12s you have now?What are the specs of the Enclosure you have now?What vehicle do you plan on putting this in?What amplifier are you running now?What is your electrical consist of at the moment?These questions will help determine some of your questions.I am fairly local to you.You are welcome to pm me if you need other questions answered,or stick to the thread,no problem.I currently run a pair of 10s,on approx 500 rms in my CRV that sound/do as well as most 15s.Its not the size in most cases as well as the proper application/installation,and equipment chosen for the vehicle.

Type R subs are very nice for the money,provided that a proper enclosure is built, and good Clean unclipped power are driven to the sub.

RE Audio are not what they used to be back in 07 when I ran those subs.No longer Beast/or built for Brutality as posted on their boxes.Im sure if you tried a pair of American Bass 12s,Sundowns,Tantrics,RD,PSI,and several others,I feel that yopud be quite happy with REAL Chest banging affects from the majority mentioned,with good clean power,and a well built box.It takes power to make power for one,and a well spec/built box for your subs will make or break that stage

the only downfall with the whole box thing idk how to build one at all lmfao.

i talked to a guy i met at work about it but he wants to charge me 400 for a single 15 sub box and honestly i really dont think i want to pay that much for a box when the sub doesnt even cost that much haha.

the only downfall with the whole box thing idk how to build one at all lmfao.i talked to a guy i met at work about it but he wants to charge me 400 for a single 15 sub box and honestly i really dont think i want to pay that much for a box when the sub doesnt even cost that much haha.
You can tell that guy at work to Kiss Your A ss..LOL!! You can get a simple design made,if youd like with a cut out sheet, and build yourself for about $100 bucks with carpeting even,.Id try to get your 12s to sound better.or replace the 12s,rather than running a single 15.Two 12s=more cone area,than one 15.There are some Free box designs on this forum to look at as well for subs to consider

the only downfall with the whole box thing idk how to build one at all lmfao.i talked to a guy i met at work about it but he wants to charge me 400 for a single 15 sub box and honestly i really dont think i want to pay that much for a box when the sub doesnt even cost that much haha.
If you know how to use a saw,drill, and glue bottle you can build a box lol. Aero ports are your friend for beginner box building.

Four hundred bucks is too high for a typical ported enclosure but with that said, the box makes or breaks the subs. You can buy a $1000.00 sub and make it sound like shite by putting it in the wrong enclosure or, you can buy an $80.00 ten and make it sound amazing.

Do your two 12s hit this hard and low?

I don't mean that insulting, btw. Just trying to impress on you how important the box is. In my opinion, it is far more important than the driver's in it. That speaker above is an $80.00 JBL GTO 10. It's a 350 watt sub handling 1000 watts with no problems... because it's in a box that was designed specifically for it.

If anything, with a crappy box, your 15s will peak at higher frequencies rather than digging into the lows. there's box builders on this forum that can build and ship you a box for around 150-300 shipped and I can guarantee you its better than the guy you met at work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.