New member help with older a/d/s equipment

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bigokie

Oklahoma
Hello, I am new to the forum. Ive been "lurking" for some time and finally joined because I bought back my original a/d/s PH15 amp, A624CSi crossover and bass knob. I have some bridging questions and I am wondering if anyone remembers a/d/s and if so, can someone help me.

Thanks

David

Is there a market for this amp? I am wanting to sell it. I bought a new 4 channel amp and plan on buying another one It works great and wanted to use it but it didnt "push" my 10's as hard as I am used to

Hello, I am new to the forum. Ive been "lurking" for some time and finally joined because I bought back my original a/d/s PH15 amp, A624CSi crossover and bass knob. I have some bridging questions and I am wondering if anyone remembers a/d/s and if so, can someone help me.
Thanks

David
I have a few of those amps and a couple crossovers but I dont have a manual...handy ...It seems the outer wires on the speaker connection terminals bridges it...Its only rated at 100 rms bridged...I used one with two chs bridged for midbass and front two in stereo on tweeters in an active setup ...and it sounded awesome...I hate the power wiring of those amps...

I appreciate the reply. I have almost gave up on using it. I hooked it up to my 10's and it did good for an amp that rates itself at 50w/ch but the sub amp I am using now is more powerful and I was dissappointed. I would love to use it but to have to wire up the xover and the amp(have to use them together as you know) is not practical in my trk unless I take my backseat out and mount them on the back wall. I downloaded the manual for both and to bridge more than just the sub channels, you need a box they made. I did bridge the sub channels to make 1 100watt channel and put it on just one sub(my box is divided) and it wasnt loud, which wasnt what we were after 25 yrs ago. You have several of them???????

I appreciate the reply. I have almost gave up on using it. I hooked it up to my 10's and it did good for an amp that rates itself at 50w/ch but the sub amp I am using now is more powerful and I was dissappointed. I would love to use it but to have to wire up the xover and the amp(have to use them together as you know) is not practical in my trk unless I take my backseat out and mount them on the back wall. I downloaded the manual for both and to bridge more than just the sub channels, you need a box they made. I did bridge the sub channels to make 1 100watt channel and put it on just one sub(my box is divided) and it wasnt loud, which wasnt what we were after 25 yrs ago. You have several of them???????
I have 3 of the PH15s and a few other ADS amps...You can use the amp as a straight amplifier without crossover but you have to get a din to 6 rca adapter...I have two of those but since having two of the crossovers ...I decided not to buy a 3rd set of cables...these can be found on ebay ..they use to run $25 plus about $5 shipping ...

I have 3 of the PH15s and a few other ADS amps...You can use the amp as a straight amplifier without crossover but you have to get a din to 6 rca adapter...I have two of those but since having two of the crossovers ...I decided not to buy a 3rd set of cables...these can be found on ebay ..they use to run $25 plus about $5 shipping ...
Cool....how do you adjust the gains? Is there a market for these things? This thing was bullet proof. I hate to get rid of it, but for its size, it feels like a 30lb boat anchor

Cool....how do you adjust the gains? Is there a market for these things? This thing was bullet proof. I hate to get rid of it, but for its size, it feels like a 30lb boat anchor
To adjust the gains if you look on top of the amp between the fins you'll see some small holes for setting the gains...I use a small TV tuning screw driver

To adjust the gains if you look on top of the amp between the fins you'll see some small holes for setting the gains...I use a small TV tuning screw driver
Wow.....that was a stupid question I asked. I need to get some sleep before I ask rediculous questions! Thanks

The problem in selling them is that power is CHEAP these days and that old electrolytic capacitors wear out. While those amps are great, there's good odds some parts on it's board will begin to fail sometime soon. Best to just use them to run some front components (for which it should be adequate).

You won't get a great price on it, lose your arse in shipping it, then if it finally fails from age in a few months you'll look like the bad guy. Might be there are some old A/D/S collectors out there, but I would suggest just use it... really you may well get another decade out of it, but by my estimation the risk outweighs the reward trying to sell unless it's to a friend at a friend price, who understands what they're buying.

The problem in selling them is that power is CHEAP these days and that old electrolytic capacitors wear out. While those amps are great, there's good odds some parts on it's board will begin to fail sometime soon. Best to just use them to run some front components (for which it should be adequate).
You won't get a great price on it, lose your arse in shipping it, then if it finally fails from age in a few months you'll look like the bad guy. Might be there are some old A/D/S collectors out there, but I would suggest just use it... really you may well get another decade out of it, but by my estimation the risk outweighs the reward trying to sell unless it's to a friend at a friend price, who understands what they're buying.
I appreciate the advice, it makes a lot of sense. I sold it 23 yrs ago to a friends brother and bought it back this summer($100) He was probably glad to get rid of it. I will buy a din cable and use it for some highs and mid bass I guess.

This forum has been good for this old guy. Great people with great answers.

Louisiana, what part of the state?

I posted about a/d/s and didn't get any hits and I was starting to believe no one owned any...I was proud of my 6 ch amp with 2 10' Bazooka tubes, lol!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.