New looking for advice on setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

rogera13

09 Ford Fusion.....JVC KW-AV61BT head with 4- JVC CS-V6837 6"x8" door speakers already up and running. Listen to Metal/Progressive Metal most of the time. Wanting to ad a Sub('s)...I also have two Boston Acoustic 6"x9"s I'm thinking of adding under the rear dash panel. Here are my questions: Best way to wire the 6x9's and Sub. And recommendation on Subs. I have read for the type of music be listened to whatever size should be mounted in a sealed box that is sized close to the minimum size requirement to get tighter sharper tones such as the heavy double bass drums. I want to ad a nice deep punch and overall improve the total music quality...quality is more important to me then rattling windows and shaking earth!

I'm considering 2-8" in a custom box and a 3/4 channel amp to run both 6x9s and subs?? Good idea bad idea? Thanks in advance for any and all opinions and suggestions!

I'm not going to add much to this, because I just went through learning about what is out there again. But, I debated between 8" sub vs 10" sub -- and My recommendation is to go with a quality 10" sub. I went JL Audio,.. but from what people recommend here, unless you go with the more expensive line of JL subs,.. you can get better Subs of a different brand for the money. So I'd suggest 10" sub(s), unless you are pressed severely for space.

Good luck with it!

For what you want get a nice 10, decent power and call it a day. Do some online looking around at subs that fit your budget.

My friend had a 8W7 in his old setup and it sounded good for being a 8. had it on a 500/1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.