New Jeep...New project!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

JumpinBean23
10+ year member

just bought a 2013 Jeep sport 2 door a couple weeks back, and didn't take long to figure out the stereo has to go. It doesnt have any upgrades just tweeters on the dash, spaeakers in the dash around knee level, and speakers in soundbar in the back. Usually I know exactly what I want but with a Jeep I'm a little unsure of what to go with. During the summer the top will be off,or have a soft top. During the winter it will have a hard top, so I'm trying to have the best of both worlds, or as close as I can get. I'm looking at having subs during the witnter, and in the summer having it removable, so someone doesnt remove it for me. As far as speakers go I'm looking for something pretty versatile that can sound decent in either situation.

So far ive come up with a general starting point of what i would like if it will work, but any ideas are welcome.

Head unit

single din- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

double din- Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS (unsure on modding to fit)

Speaker Amp

ppi 900.4, jbl 804ez, alpine mrx-f65, something relatively small and decent

Front Speakers

Jbl ms62c, Sundown sa-6.5cs, hat imagine, id cxs... unsure of fitment at this point so still up in the air...would like to stay @ around $200, but if it's worth it then will up it to $300

Rear Fill

Most will say unnecessary, but will probably just do it with everything else, kinda ocd like that. Nothing crazy jbl gto628, id ctx-6 something decent under $100

Subs

Have 4 sa-10s so will use some or all depending on space i decide to give up

Sub Amp

Have a Planet Audio rxd2400 for temp use, but looking for small footprint around 1500-2000w to replace later

Electrical

stock 160 amp alt for now, big 3 in 0awg, dual battery setup before install

I listen to all types of music, mostly hip hop and rock, but anything with bass grabs my attention.

Just looking to plan things out, and see if I'm on the right track, before I drop a ton of money only to be dissapointed. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. If I left anything out let me know

Thanks in advance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.