New HU with old line in Sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

lukewarm54

Ct
So thinking of upgrading stock head unit on newer Rav4. Was going to replace with a Kenwood Excelon unit. I have an existing OEM sub unit from my old car that is decent but doesn't have RCA inputs. What I'd like to do is have HU amps use built in cross over and use RCA Sub outs to Sub in car using turntable preamp to send signal to line in connections to Sub. Anyone think there is a problem? Am I oversimplifying this?

Is there a better way of doing this that doesn't require replacing sub at this time?

Not sure if it would work, 8 RCA outputs, no line out. Besides I'm trying NOT to spend a ton more money, otherwise i'd just throw down for a fresh Self contained sub that had RCA inputs

Thanks for the heads up though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.