New home-made sub. Shocker Sig

yeah its pretty low. nice job. video of excursion?
Temperature has been in the 20's here and I've been super busy working. The only power this has seen is the trickle from WT3 tester LOL. 10" suspension, big surround, long coil and huge top plate this thing should have a ton of x-max.

Trying to line up using someone's garage for a day to test this out though.

Anyone have any tips on polishing up the back and top plates? Would love to get the steel on this motor shiny.

Anyone have any tips on polishing up the back and top plates? Would love to get the steel on this motor shiny.
yea go get a green 3m scrub pad,set it somewhere that can handle the weight of the woofer, set the woofer on top of it

spin woofer

to get the whole bottom plate set the 3m pad on some really thick 2" maybe but soft foam like a couch cushion and then set the woofer on it and spin the woofer

would have been easier if you did it before it was built but to late now

spl 91.64dB
not bad also,how much xmaxx?
coil is about 3.5" ww, gap is 1.5" high so it has 2" peak to peak at full bl. I suspect it's limited by the suspension (or possibly the pole piece hitting the dustcap on the downstroke).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4hTGcMAV5g

Also thx for the tips on cleaning the motor, may give it a whirl if I get some free time.

i got 4 of them motor's. 3 build as 18's and 1 build as a 12'' I love them to death. We put a lot of power to them. running 5000 daily on one 18

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.