New home-made sub. Shocker Sig

Always backwards order pics from photobucket, but you get the idea.

Shocker Sig motor ('02 style)

dual 1 ohm 8 layer Sundown NS V2 coil

"10 inch" tc spiders and aluminum cone from members on this forum

15" basket from my old TC2K (also recycled the terminals and spider spacer ring)

aluminum mounting ring to fit basket to motor from Robot Underground (thanks Patrick!)

QTS .26

QMS 11.62

Qes .27

Vas 3.464 ft^3

fs 29.61

le .85

spl 91.64dB

Was hoping it would want to tune a bit lower since there's quite a bit of mass with the big coil and AL cone and it'll have a ton of x-max.

Long coil should keep a lot of coil in the gap even at high excursion. Looks like it really wants to be tuned to peak at 45-55hz which should be really nice for SPL in my Jeep. Anyway, I won't be able to really test until the weather breaks I think unles I can find someone with a garage local who wants to mess with it.

Thanks to all the members here and Patrick at RU for helping me scavange together the parts.

LOL, I have a lot of money into it (sort of expensive parts) and I think shipping would be pretty rough...it's quite a back-breaker.
If you were closer I'd let you test it out for a few weeks...
I'll cover shipping if I can haz.

DSC00984.jpg

And got me some shocker decals. Now it is complete.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.