New HO alternator woes!

JuicyJeff
10+ year member

Juicy
So I finally got my new dbelectrical 160 amp alt put into my zx2 2 days ago. Everything was fine for those two days. Well yesterday I finished (Finally) Putting in my new system (2 sa 8s on a saz1500d). So i finished that around 7 then went to my gfs house for the night for new years. The next morning at about ehh, 11am I drove my car about 5 miles to her work where I noticed a low whining noise. Since then it seems to get progressively louder. Sounds kinda like a supercharger.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has had any similiar problem to this. I replaced the serp belt while I was at it. I am pretty confident in my grounds (Batt to chassies, batt to block) And the power wire from the alt to battery is good as well. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem because well, it is pretty **** loud and extremely annoying.

Also my battery light comes on and flickers usually over 4k it will come on randomly. I haven't checked the voltage while the light was on but it keeps a steady charge and doesn't drop below 12.5 when its wangin out. Idk what else to look for. Also if it matters, i have a stock battery.

I was mainly just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this problem...

Its very annoying to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

try a better battery. new HO alt and old stock batt might now be great idea.... i have a zx2 and didnt have that problem when i got a new alt but i had a nice battery

sounds like the bearings are shot in the alt.

dose it have a tensioner with idler pully or a bolt adjustment. if a bolt adjuster you can take out a bearing by tighting the belt too much....

Its coming from under the hood on the belt side of the engine. The belt is coming off tommorow, i guess I hope its a throw bearing. But idk if that would cause my batt light?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.