New here, planning out my system, have a few questions and a budget of $850

BarakObamaJr666
10+ year member

Wassup guys. So I'm still new to car audio and have a few questions that i need clarification on. My plan right now for my system in progress is to add a pair of woofers and an amp to the stock speakers i currently have in my car. I just recently purchased a receiver for my 2007 Nissan Sentra, its more on the basic side but does what i need it to do. I'm looking for some great subs with good sound.

0. What do you guys think of JL or Alpine?

1. How many channels do i shoot for in this setup if I plan to add aftermarket speakers (2xFront + 2xback) in the near future?

2. I'm a little confused about the ohm ratings on the subs and amp, which is preferred?

3. How much power drain from the audio system will my car take before i need to have a second battery?

4. I listen to a fair amount of metal and would like for the subs to keep up with the double bass kicks, would this necessitate 10" subs over 12"? Also......

5. Would that mean a sealed box would be better?

6. I'm totally down to make my own box. I have the skills and access to a shop to do it. Where can I get some instructions and/or some prints to some designs?

7. If you had a budget of $850 to buy a couple subs and an amp + installation supplies, what would you get?

8. What is the best and most legit website to buy car audio stuff from with great pricing?

Thanks guys and appreciate all replies!

0. Decent products, but often extremely expensive.

1. You should buy a nice 2 channel amp, a pair of 2-way components and a pair of coaxials for rear fill.

2. There's no such thing as a "preferred" ohm load. You simply buy speakers that match your amplifiers (if your amp makes full power @ 4 ohms, you'd want to buy 2 ohm dvc or 4 ohm svc speakers).

3. Depends. Do you have a nice battery already? How big is your alternator? Do you plan to perform the "big 3" upgrade?

4. Doesn't matter. Big subs being "slow" and small subs being "fast" is a myth.

5. What the hell is an enclosed box, and what exactly is it better than?

6. There's a sticky thread full of "generic" enclosure designs on the forum. If you want something totally custom, you'll want to pay one of the many designers here at caraudio.com to do a design for you.

7. I'd probably buy an Audioque AQ1200D, a 15" DC Level 4 or SSA Icon and a 1/0 awg amp kit from knukonceptz.com. That should impress pretty much any noob.

8. woofersetc.com, onlinecarstereo.com, partsexpress.com, sonicelectronix.com, soundsolutionsaudio.com, madisound.com, audiosavings.com, etc

3. Depends. Do you have a nice battery already? How big is your alternator? Do you plan to perform the "big 3" upgrade?
What is the big 3 upgrade? I have no idea how big my alternator is, and I just bought my car battery a couple months ago if that matters, i don't know if its nice though, just a standard battery i guess

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/487641-ge_off_mes-amp-sale.html

Get a nice front stage 2 channel amp from here, I would suggest the Alphasonik amp, it will make your front speakers sound amazing and is a very underrated amp. I would also look into getting maybe a pair of image dynamics components. A normal pair or coaxial speakers will work for the rear because all you need is fill for the back. Pm me if you have any questions about your system, I would be glad to help.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/487641-ge_off_mes-amp-sale.html
Get a nice front stage 2 channel amp from here, I would suggest the Alphasonik amp, it will make your front speakers sound amazing and is a very underrated amp. I would also look into getting maybe a pair of image dynamics components. A normal pair or coaxial speakers will work for the rear because all you need is fill for the back. Pm me if you have any questions about your system, I would be glad to help.
This guy is a good seller, and that Alphasonik is VERY nice...

So I was checking out the SSA package deals on their website and they appear to be a good deal. What are your opinions on SSA subs paired with Sundown audio amps?

I don't like your user name //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
It kinda fits though. He knows about epic gear (JL) but wants people to spoon feed him intel. So in reality he knows nothing but is sure he knows what is best, Plus he is Satan.

sooooo

for that budget you'd probably want to buy used. there has been tons of stuff in the classifieds lately that could work

Front components: $100: Crescendo Audio :: Component Speaker Systems

Speaker amp (Alpine f550): $175: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/487585-new-alpine-4-channel-amps-new-polk-audio-6-5-5-25-components.html

2 RSDCs: $200: Audio Savings | (2) PHOENIX GOLD RSDC124 12" 1200w COMPETITION CAR SUB

Sub amp: $160: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/487409-dc-audio-recone-mb-quart-dsc-1500-a.html

Add in a wiring kit, subwoofer box, and probably (at least) a capacitor, you'd be able to stay under $900

for that budget you'd probably want to buy used. there has been tons of stuff in the classifieds lately that could work
Front components: $100: Crescendo Audio :: Component Speaker Systems

Speaker amp (Alpine f550): $175: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/487585-new-alpine-4-channel-amps-new-polk-audio-6-5-5-25-components.html

2 RSDCs: $200: Audio Savings | (2) PHOENIX GOLD RSDC124 12" 1200w COMPETITION CAR SUB

Sub amp: $160: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/487409-dc-audio-recone-mb-quart-dsc-1500-a.html

Add in a wiring kit, subwoofer box, and probably (at least) a capacitor, you'd be able to stay under $900
My budget of $850 is for subs and an amp (and possibly if i have any money to spare, a box/materials for a box) and cables/wire. I'll be getting the speakers in like another month-ish.

I was checking out the SSA store online and was intrigued by their package deals for a sub(s)+amp combos, what are your takes on these?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.