new Fi popping

Sounds to me like it must be a pretty **** good sub to take a 1500 watt amp at full clipping and free air. This thread reminds me of why I never want to get into the subwoofer business. Next week he will be trying to get it warrantied after it wouldn't hold up to the wall socket, free air, for 24 hours straight.
OK????? Kinda hard to get the whole 1500watts freeair any damn ways, but we didnt free air it, full clippage. Hell it didnt even bottom it out freeairing, but I had the whole 1500 to it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

People like this, that has no idea whats going on, trying to act like they was there, really get to me.

The thing sure didnt make the noise freeair, but I got a idea of why it was making the noise, and the one I had, is got nothing to do with the drivers, or amp. If time will tell.

OK????? Kinda hard to get the whole 1500watts freeair any damn ways, but we didnt free air it, full clippage. Hell it didnt even bottom it out freeairing, but I had the whole 1500 to it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gifPeople like this, that has no idea whats going on, trying to act like they was there, really get to me.

The thing sure didnt make the noise freeair, but I got a idea of why it was making the noise, and the one I had, is got nothing to do with the drivers, or amp. If time will tell.
I'm glad I was able to make your day. +1 for me.

Give up.
Just..find a different hobby.

(dual 2 can be wired to 1 or 4ohms, dual 1 can be wired to .5 or 2. No one mentioned coil resistance so stfu.)

i'm curious to know what is all this coil resistance stuff about too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

Speakers are rated by impedance, since they have a moving coil. But to get a rough idea of the rating of a speaker without this information from the manufacturer, or the final impedance of multiple drivers if you don't know how to do the simple math, you can just measure the resistance that the amp sees with a multimeter. It's not impedance however, it gives you the resistance, abbreviated "Re" in the thiel small properties. Generally resistance will be a bit less than the impedance of the speaker, which is why 1ohm is mistakenly being called 0.7 in this thread.

Resistance is a completely useful value, but because coils have an opposition to alternating current, and this opposition varies greatly throughout the frequency response, the impedance of a speaker is a complex number.

Speakers are rated by impedance, since they have a moving coil. But to get a rough idea of the rating of a speaker without this information from the manufacturer, or the final impedance of multiple drivers if you don't know how to do the simple math, you can just measure the resistance that the amp sees with a multimeter. It's not impedance however, it gives you the resistance, abbreviated "Re" in the thiel small properties. Generally resistance will be a bit less than the impedance of the speaker, which is why 1ohm is mistakenly being called 0.7 in this thread.
Resistance is a completely useful value, but because coils have an opposition to alternating current, and this opposition varies greatly throughout the frequency response, the impedance of a speaker is a complex number.
Ding Ding..

cwm3.gif

it is a dual 2 ohm taking the final load down to .7. I dont have any tinsal slap because i pulled it out of the box and watched it. I think it was bottoming out. All of the gains are set right but then we turned it all the way up to see if it could take it. It took it all but that popping noise i didn't smell any coil.
thats a no no

if u knew it was to much dont add fuel to the fire and turn it up all the way up at that

My Sx12s are on a Autotek MM4000.1 now and take it no sweat. I can make them sweat a little bit when I use two Autotek MM3000.1s strapped to them for DB Drag. In that setup they take burps like a champ but you can smell a little coil after about 3-4 minutes of all out beating to music. We also had a SX18 in a 12cft enclosure tuned to 26hz in a tahoe at our shop as a low bass/daily demo vehicle run off a Hifonics XX Hercules(2000RMS). Solid electrical with 2 kinetik 2400s and a 200A HO alt. The box was built for a XXX but we had the SX in it for a few months. You better belive I beat the $hit iout of it for customers. No sweat, never smelled or bottomed out. A SX will take way over 1000, 2000 easy, if not you are doing somthing wrong.
tell me you're bringing that to carrollton this sunday... i want to hear someone elses sx's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Jesus, this was one of the funnier threads I have read in a while. Thank you to the retard of an OP! I lick ass though, just dont **** dic! I usually like to put strawberrys in my girls ass and have her **** on it and pretend its chocolate covered strawberrys. Good times................Good times!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.