new Fi popping

and WHEN has the SX handled 1800w rms lately? **** my xxx15 loved 1800w but even this it was full excursion and not wanting much more....id give an SX half that
My Sx12s are on a Autotek MM4000.1 now and take it no sweat. I can make them sweat a little bit when I use two Autotek MM3000.1s strapped to them for DB Drag. In that setup they take burps like a champ but you can smell a little coil after about 3-4 minutes of all out beating to music. We also had a SX18 in a 12cft enclosure tuned to 26hz in a tahoe at our shop as a low bass/daily demo vehicle run off a Hifonics XX Hercules(2000RMS). Solid electrical with 2 kinetik 2400s and a 200A HO alt. The box was built for a XXX but we had the SX in it for a few months. You better belive I beat the $hit iout of it for customers. No sweat, never smelled or bottomed out. A SX will take way over 1000, 2000 easy, if not you are doing somthing wrong.

I dont see how that changes the rms handling on the SSD.
It doesnt, I was just stating that is what I have heard they have been compared to, and a SX can handle that.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Playing with 4kw near tuning is a whole different ball park then playing music and under tuning.

...a sx will bottom out...been there and done it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Playing with 4kw near tuning is a whole different ball park then playing music and under tuning.
...a sx will bottom out...been there and done it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Your right though, SXs can bottom out with 2000watts buy being played free air, below tuning, or by a moron(that comment is not directed at you).:)You shouldnt be playing under Tuning anyway(why would you want to, you should build the correct enclosure for your musical taste or application.).

Your right though, SXs can bottom out with 2000watts buy being played free air, below tuning, or by a moron(that comment is not directed at you).:)You shouldnt be playing under Tuning anyway(why would you want to, you should build the correct enclosure for your musical taste or application.).
Can slap a sx freeair with 300 watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

...300 watts free air is at like 13ohms...which is ALOT of power with no enclosure...you'll never get 2kw to one free air unless you send it to the light socket, then the frequency is too high to do much of any kind of mechanical damage.

You, and ford302... are both r-tards.
kthnx.

nG
U sure Im a retard????? You need to keep my name out your mouth, I aint posted **** bout it. I asked Nick personally about the problem. kthnx

FOR EVERYBODY THINKING IT IS BOTTOMING OUT, ITS NOT!!!!! I know what that sounds like, and its not popping either.

As far as to much power, prolly, wouldnt doubt it myself. But I seriously dont think that was the problem...causing the funny noise.

Just lock this thread or delete it. Seems everybody knows whats it doin without hearing it. Sorry I was there and heard it with my own ears. Im not downing FI in any way. I love my Q and Scott is a awesome guy. Im going to play with it somemore tomorrow, but maybe I wont be retarded and figure it out.

I just love how when people have a problem with something not sounding right... the first they blame... is the company.
Question yourself first.

nG
I never said it was the company, maybe this wasnt directed towards me but Im assume it was. I know Scott makes awesome subs. no doubt about that. But I'll agree with you on one thing. This thread shouldnt have been started. I know this is the n00b thing to do. Nobody on here can actaully hear the noise the sub is making. Me and Him are going to be some testing and tuning tomorrow and see if we can make it do it again and find out what exactly is the problem.

My Sx12s are on a Autotek MM4000.1 now and take it no sweat. I can make them sweat a little bit when I use two Autotek MM3000.1s strapped to them for DB Drag. In that setup they take burps like a champ but you can smell a little coil after about 3-4 minutes of all out beating to music. We also had a SX18 in a 12cft enclosure tuned to 26hz in a tahoe at our shop as a low bass/daily demo vehicle run off a Hifonics XX Hercules(2000RMS). Solid electrical with 2 kinetik 2400s and a 2000A HO alt. The box was built for a XXX but we had the SX in it for a few months. You better belive I beat the $hit iout of it for customers. No sweat, never smelled or bottomed out. A SX will take way over 1000, 2000 easy, if not you are doing somthing wrong.
Woah, niiiice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Woah, niiiice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Sorry, edit FTW.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.