New FI Audio SP4 or Ascendant Audio Mayhem. How do they compare. Should I be first?

jockhater2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I don't think anyone has the new FI sp4s? Do they. If you do let me know.

I am thinking about getting them.

I hear those mayhems are really nice and will take my 3500 watts. But FI suggested I go with the SP4.

Does anyone know there full specs? like the final weight or anything?

Has anyone tried one or should I be the first and let you guys know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oh. And by the way. If anyone wants a friend code to demonoid.me just PM me.

of course FI pushes their new subwoofer. I'd use the mayhem personally.

weight means nothing other then weight, it shows nothing to performance
I understand that. I am just curious of the SP4s weight. The magnets in there picture don't appear very large.

What is the advantage of the 4" coil on the sp4 vs. the mayhems 3"

THose mayhems do look really mean! and the beauty is I can pick them up used //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

4" coils are nice for daily musical applications,but i've heard they need alot of power just to get them moving a bit, still haven't seen any 4"coil subs get as loud as the 3 " subs

advantage is power handling. If they were both 3'' drivers the sp4 would have a big advantage with suspension but the 4'' coil negates that.
Can you explain further. I am by all means a novice and would love to learn.

If the motor on the SP4 is anything like the one on the Q's or SSD's it has a larger gap and isn't built around high motor force and is just a high powered sq sub

4" coils are nice for daily musical applications,but i've heard they need alot of power just to get them moving a bit, still haven't seen any 4"coil subs get as loud as the 3 " subs
even if both of them were on one of the DC 3.5ks?

If the motor on the SP4 is anything like the one on the Q's or SSD's it has a larger gap and isn't built around high motor force and is just a high powered sq sub
Well when I asked FI to compare the mayhem and the sp4. He just went on about the SP4. I mean. Of course they want to push a new product. Is the Mayhem considered an SQL or what?

Your thinking the SP4 is an SQL?

the mayhem is a daily ground pounder of a woofer,aa calls it a street basser that will take a tremendous amount of power .like i told you before i ran 2 xta 5000's strapped at .7 ohms on a pair of aa mayhem 12's without testing or metering before the show ,and did 152.8 very easy.so i know with testing i should have seen 153.5 pretty easy .we did clamp at one time 7100 watts rms on them at one time and they didn't even get warm

the mayhem is a daily ground pounder of a woofer,aa calls it a street basser that will take a tremendous amount of power .like i told you before i ran 2 xta 5000's strapped at .7 ohms on a pair of aa mayhem 12's without testing or metering before the show ,and did 152.8 very easy.so i know with testing i should have seen 153.5 pretty easy .we did clamp at one time 7100 watts rms on them at one time and they didn't even get warm
Holy fuhhhhh.

I was just asking about them. SInce FI pushed them so hard on me over the mayhems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jockhater2

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
jockhater2
Saukville, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date