Northeast Region New England comps.......

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
I've raised the question of using only glue in an enclosure versus glue and screws on this forum in the past, and also Termpro. I have yet to see anyone argue that screws and glue are the best way to go, although this has always been my method of building. I have one of Daves boxes where everything is glued. I'll tell you it was a total ***** tuning that box. I used my Dremel to cut the wall of the port, then tried to bash the remaining piece out with a hammer, it ******. It took me several minutes to get that glued piece of wood to loosen up. I've done the same thing with my screwed and glued boxes and had no problem at all getting the wood to loosen up when I wailed on it with a hammer. Using the glued only method seems to be where it's at for an enclosure. If I had the wood clamps big enough for the job I'd do it that way every time too, but I don't. If your building a wall it may be different, I have no experience at all with walls so I couldn't honestly say.

TJ- I'm not worried about my boxes taking the power, glue is stronger than the wood...the problem is that people don't do the joint good enough. I don't have that problem and I'll be amazed if someone manages to break something I built them. You haven't seen everything I've built, I have some with removable/tunable ports...I have all winter to experiment with new stuff too. Just because I do things different from other competitors doesn't make me wrong. Sometimes there's more than one way to accomplish the same thing and I always look for a better way.Its cool though, doubt is more motivation to do it right!
dave im not knocking ya in any way bro just trying to give ya a lil insight on a true spl box and what ya need to not over look. the main reason no one has had probs is due to the bigger chamber vol when ya start running in the smaller vol boxes will see what im talking about. whats funny is i never ment any one to take it the wrong way just trying to help out and give a lil insight from yrs of doing so.

I guess this is why none of the old guys help out the new guys some times they think they know it all but yet have no expereanced it yet i guess when it happens you will thank me. its all good.

I've raised the question of using only glue in an enclosure versus glue and screws on this forum in the past, and also Termpro. I have yet to see anyone argue that screws and glue are the best way to go, although this has always been my method of building. I have one of Daves boxes where everything is glued. I'll tell you it was a total ***** tuning that box. I used my Dremel to cut the wall of the port, then tried to bash the remaining piece out with a hammer, it ******. It took me several minutes to get that glued piece of wood to loosen up. I've done the same thing with my screwed and glued boxes and had no problem at all getting the wood to loosen up when I wailed on it with a hammer. Using the glued only method seems to be where it's at for an enclosure. If I had the wood clamps big enough for the job I'd do it that way every time too, but I don't. If your building a wall it may be different, I have no experience at all with walls so I couldn't honestly say.
i here ya buddy but look at all the street guys in drag and show me one guy besides dave that uses just glue and then ask all the guys in street why they dont do so some will say it takes to long to dry but the real guys will tell ya in smaller spl boxes ya blow them apart look at the crx boxes and look at the over kill in screws why. look at the dub layer in the box why guess some will have to find out like i sead Take advice no matter if its good or if you think its bad cause one day you will need to look back to see where ya went wrong and ya i had no one to help me i did it all my self and for thoughs of ya that really know me i did the hard way.

T.J. glue is stronger then screws and yes Dave built Chris' box and if you had Dave build your box you be louder then the 154 you've been hitting for the past 4 years. Give credit where it's due.

If I was gonna have a serious power type sub enclosure and had the clamps to do it, I'd definitely look into doing all glue and no screws. A double wall all around too, and a good coating of resin all over the inside. Using screws is a good option for a test box, but if using a really good glue instead of both will make the box louder, than thats the way to go. I never really looked at the actual make up of the crx enclosures, at least not the Canadian guys that I've seen. If they used a lot of screws it's not a surprise, I've always used screws myself, but if using only glue is the better way then I want to learn something new and experiment with it. Using screws is much faster cause you don't have to wait for the glue to set, but how many people build an enclosure at the show, most of us have it built and ready to go before we get there, so using screws for that reason is pointless.

first off im doing 55+ with one amp and the right imp rise and with two amps and .88 rise i have seen 157s on the glass. Just a lil advice the box i redid for the current USA record holder will not hold up to just glue it was dub layerd and used 3in screws and glue and was still cumming un done when i first got it. and in this class you can only use 2 amps s I will give credit where its due maybe you should as well I never knocked dave and if ya read and think what i stated it was credit for what he has done and to chris as well but you know a lil flap of the lip and wow there is your sighn. I was not the one in fourm braging no one was comp this yr. to be honest he was not comp for me why hes not in my class. if he was he would be built for street b in drag just like i was not built for usaci i was just haven fun but next yr will be diffrent. The thing is some peopel just like you take the credit out of content. I never knocked any one just stated the facts.

If you dont like it im sorry just trying to do my part as a Vet helping the new grow.

i guess ill just sit back and watch how people stack up next yr then laugh when they eat there words. this always seems to happen im going to bo this and that and they never do it lol its perdictable like always.

we all see the few who frequent this forum but what about the other guys who will be doing heavy shows next yr?

can anyone name some and what class they are projected to be in?

Jason //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I'm building one now that will be in Stock 3. A new guy (and I mean really new) that will be a heavy hitter if he follows through with the equipment he has picked.

Bill G. will be a big hitter next season too...he already has the subs he needs, just needs the amps and we need to build a new box or wall to match his new goals. If we don't wall it and I don't think we will, he will be in No-wall also.

I am talking to a few NH guys that have big plans but are new and haven't fully committed yet, but there is potential for Stock 1, 2 and maybe another stock 3.

I have no idea about myself, I'm focusing on helping other competitors and growing my business to support my family. I'm sure I'll compete in Stock classes but I don't commit to a specific one, cause I have fun trying different setups.

Well I can't really do any NESPL classes for obvious reasons. For Drags I think I'll stick with just doing Bass Race. USACi, I could care less about. TNESPL I'll be looking into the WooferCooker Pro 1 class. And whatever Stock 1 classes come up wit independent shows and SlapShows.

Like Dave was saying, there should be some loud guys coming out of NH in 2010. The guys from Team Amplified Impressions have a new TermLab and have already started doing their testing for next season. A few of them are already looking into some bigger equipment too, so we'll have to wait and see who actually gets loud in 2010. 2010 will definitely be a much bigger year for New England, with all the rookies that came out this year and kept coming out and with some veterans coming out again it's gonna be a great season. When we run some of the TNESPL shows there will also be some of the loud guys in NY coming out here too.

t.j. i may need some new subs to test, but i want to try out that box we talked about yesterday and see if there is any potential in it, with only 5,000w or so (two 2500d's @ .33ea). batteries are a must too...

anyone know where I can refinance my soul? I need some play money and the devil can have it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

i've been checking my mail and like what the contents are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sounds like we got some hard headed people in here! I love it!

reminds me of my good old italian family shouting over each other to talk because noone will back down even one volume click!

hi Mike //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif how you doin? I am such a loser, my awesome 3rd place trophy is still there at your place //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.