Northeast Region New England comps.......

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
hahah! ok ok. You might have to keep it all winter. Yeah Steve I just might have to build a burp mobile for next year. I can worry about music in 2011. I got way too much going on with my new ride to be worring about where to fit 8 8 inch mid range drivers lol

I think Chris has the ambition and commitment to see it through. I like to think I know quite a bit myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Just because I don't have a superstreet van doesn't mean I don't know how to build something extremely loud.Jesse, Bob and Shaker had major sponsorships and were all louder than our goal, but also in bigger classes.

2009 was a year that saw a lot of people giving up and a lot of new interest from rookies. 2010 will have some "rookies" that are going to be the new era of competitors in New England.
The sponsorships came after they established themselves as world class competitors. They started with nothing like we all do.

I love your box designs and they're very pretty but as a real spl builder on a National level, nothing you have designed would win in USACi, MECA, Drag, NSPL or IASCA. None of your customers have competed outside of New England or New York State.

You stated that just because you don't have a SS van doesn't mean you don't know how to build something extremely loud. Nothing you've built thus far is extremely loud. Not tying to be disrespectful but I'm a realist. Neither you or anyone from ACT Audio can tell me how to find the resonant frequency of a vehicle which is the first thing that should be done before starting an SPL BUILD.

BTW Bob has built for the stock classes and they usually win as well although T Rex swept every stock class in USACi on particular year at state finals.

When I competed in the Stock classes in USACi, I lost twice in 2003. Once to a Team 420 build and once to T Rex at state finals. 2004, I joined T Rex and went undefeated in USACi and MECA. Also became a SLAP National Champion that year as a rookie in that organization.

Guess what I'm trying to say is there's a big world outthere, Becareful of cocky attitudes there's always someone that's watching.

Again, no disrespect intended.

Chris, what class are you competing in next year pray tell? Past couple of weeks you've kinda been all over. Have you narrowed it down?

BTW, tell me how to find the resonant frequency of a vehicle............you said you know.

Nate, don't worry, I'll find the resonant frequency before the build starts. Yes, I know how. I also know how to clamp true power and find impedance rise. I had the highest certified score in the world for DB Drag Street Stock last year and I went to finals.... I was undefeated all season. In 2009 I took first 17 times, with 2 second places. One was to TJ by .7db in NESPL and the other was to Chris in Stock 601-1800 by 1.1db. I built Chris's box that beat me so I don't feel bad about that...that was the point, to make him louder. I'm not saying any of this to be cocky or brag...thats not my style, just pointing out that my builds win for their intended class. Not everyone with skill competes with a wall or a crx.

I compete with Alpine Type R subs that I took in trade from a customer. They are beat up dual 4's...not exactly an SPL sub. I use 1 amp and 1 extra battery in my daily driver, I basically do this on a shoestring budget....and I still manage to do well. I didn't have any goal for world finals this year...I refused to travel 1600 miles one-way to go against maybe two other people.

For a customer with a car committed to SPL and a decent budget, I fully expect to shock people with what it does. I hope people try to build against this...the more, the merrier.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but you could give me more a little more credit...I can pull a 150 legal with 2 Best Buy 12's in an suv behind the rear seat...how many people do you know that can do that?

so, I like that you are saying nice things about me Nate but dont hype me up to be some important person here! I'd DIE to have Dave's resources... not so much skill but just the resources to learn what he does. Also I'd love to have the extra money or time, I got kids, car payments, trying to buy a house, and old equipment! Dave, you get all the props from me, and since I've never personally beat you, I guess I cant say much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Chris, I remember back in 04 when Marcus was whipping up on Stock 2 in SLAP, my whole point for building in 05 was to compete against him and he never ended up running. IIRC he had EIGHT Mojo 2000d's on two DD 9912's in his Firebird/Camaro/that sort of thing... I won Nationals in 05 with just two Orion 2500d's and a car that had special rules against it... thats what I want to do again, LOOK FORWARD to competing because you know someone is doing the same about/against you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ok wow im not that loud and thanks nate for the kind words but Im more of a laid back kinda guy till ya **** in my pot and im always willing to help out the new guy and the old.

This season was a bad season for me with lots of new things going on helping out teammates that stabed me in the back in the end and working on house and helping out my Family.

I never had time to do any thing for my self this yr my set up is 3yrs old ya 3 yrs. i have lots of plans for 2010 but this all counts if i want to or if i have the money.

but i will say one thing if ya beat me last yr i let ya i never run to my fullest.

My hat goes deep and there are still lots of tricks in it.

I give dave props his boxes are perty looking and this is most of what gets ya loud but i will say he still lacks somthing. He need to think out side the box.

Chris i like ya bro but you can have all the power in the world and it wont meen jack if its not setup right 2 ddz2`s and 5 batcaps and dd subs will do a good # in the right car with the right set up and a **** load of work that you can not spend on it this winter when ya get to doing romote starts. Bro im not knocking ya ss1-2nw is a cool class but i dont see ya doing any thing over a 158 and im given ya the benny bro.

This is a good # dont get me wrong but this is what i see

All yr ya ran 2-15`s and batcaps. that 54 was done with two amps and 2-15s and 2 batterys. ya come on here and say ya had my # bro ya never had my # no disrespect 2-12`s and one battery and 4k is what i used to do my # so im just stating a fact and just saying it like i see it here so dont take it the wrong way.

you do a good # for what your running. just like i do for what im running but if this was in street c ya ya would have to step up your game why i say caus ya can run two more amps 4 amps but they must be strapped. but ya would need to go to a diffrent batterys. and then the usa guys are doing 158`s

then the next ? is can ya build it not only do ya have to think will daves box take the power cause i know it wont but will you be able to get the power out of the amps of two batterys and then take in all the factors that make it all work. bro i fell ya have it in ya and im here to help ya reach your gloes in any way bro like i sead im not loud but what i do know took me 17 yrs to lirn. and that you cant lirn in one yr.

Dave I know you have what it takes. to do a streetstock box your boxes have worked good for others but i dont want you to take any thing the rong way here at all pics speak a 1000 words but the real story and if ya dont have the real story you dont know why.

(((( glue is good but screws & glue are way beter even if ya use a glue joint bit & just glue is not strong enough. Then ya build the box big so that ya can tune them low and still have enough room for the subs and a long port to tune it low so they work in any car and take good powe BUT building a box for spl is an entier diffrent bread if the box is built to play loud it will need screws or its going to blow apart and it will need threded rods to keep the flex out wood rods still flex and crack. S.P.L is peaking the pressures in the box to get that extra. Dont forget to retune it if ya cut it down but know why you are doing so and see what is happining when your doing it and why its doing it. and every port i seen ya build ya cant retune or cut down i know its lots of work to get the magic box but this is what needs to be done to get every thing ya can out of it to take things to the next level. I have and still do to this day blow boxes apart but ya lirn from it. and take it to the next level. 150.00 dollars a sheet of wood dave is not cheep hint hint our secret. Dave i see ya doing a swell job and there is way to many things that ya can do to a box and im going to shed some light next yr and get off my stule What it comes down to is the box is only 50% of the build the rest is amps subs and the inbetween and a **** load of work Good luck bro and i hope you call to pick at my mind. )))

know that i have sead a few things im going to sit back and watch like i always do.

Like i sead if i pissed ya off well read it again i also made ya a lil smarter at the same time your welcome.

Nate the funny thing is I competed out of Team Pirate radio. Ive seen your numbers in stock classes. Iv talked with Team 420 and team Renots and Dan Allard and you yourself have never seen my numbers with way more equipment. You hit a 154 using the old meter not the TL. Resonant frequency of your car is kid stuff thats the very first step of building a car. We are way past that. Even your walled Van and Walled Explorer was hitting less then my everyday grocery getter. By the way arent I tied with Mike Travasso from Team 420 in SS no wall? Not sayiin myself, Act Audio, or Dave are the chit, oh wait never mind YES WE ARE THE SH%T and aint nuttin u can do about it. Nate use your "resourses instead of your mouth and build for SS no wall or any class and actually do well instead of living in the past with old numbers and tired meters. Calling you out but just like the past 3 years you will always come up short....im just sayin

Nate the funny thing is I competed out of Team Pirate radio. Ive seen your numbers in stock classes. Iv talked with Team 420 and team Renots and Dan Allard and you yourself have never seen my numbers with way more equipment. You hit a 154 using the old meter not the TL. Resonant frequency of your car is kid stuff thats the very first step of building a car. We are way past that. Even your walled Van and Walled Explorer was hitting less then my everyday grocery getter. By the way arent I tied with Mike Travasso from Team 420 in SS no wall? Not sayiin myself, Act Audio, or Dave are the chit, oh wait never mind YES WE ARE THE SH%T and aint nuttin u can do about it. Nate use your "resourses instead of your mouth and build for SS no wall or any class and actually do well instead of living in the past with old numbers and tired meters. Calling you out but just like the past 3 years you will always come up short....im just sayin
everyone needs to choose a class and "Ante Up" like M.O.P.!!!

And for the record my scores are with 1 DD z1a amp. Only 5k and 2 Batcap 3000's in the back and 1 Batcap 2000 under the hood at 12v. I went to 2 Batcap 8400's in the back in SS no wall and actually did less with 153.9. I was louder then your Yugo with half the power then your 8k that you were bragging you clamped 13k out of and in a car 3X bigger at 40hrtz. Jeep with 2 15's and a 5k VS Yugo with 2 12's and a 8k. You should be louder. If either Nate or T.J. need my help or Daves help we are here for you to get you guys louder. Just call us. Second place aint so bad guys

im not sure where you are getting this bigger isnt louder thing, my buddy had a single Solo X 12 and four 1200d's strapped to it with a few yellow tops in his Grand Cherokee and was pulling 49's out of it.

I think you could buy 2 crx's for the cost of one 99z sub, then you could stop saying anything about the volume of the cabin! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

A new car is already being built. One with very little cabin airspace. Crx's cost to much and we got the new ride for next to nothing. Our cars are twice as big with half the power and are still kicking yall around lol. Everytime we are louder there is some BS excuse as to why our builds arent good but just look at our scores for this year VS yours and ask yourself if you really want to call us out. The jeep was built in 3 months to go against T.J. when he called us out.All the equipment and setup was also good for stock 601-1800 USACI. Cant wait to see what we do this year. GL boys.

TJ- I'm not worried about my boxes taking the power, glue is stronger than the wood...the problem is that people don't do the joint good enough. I don't have that problem and I'll be amazed if someone manages to break something I built them. You haven't seen everything I've built, I have some with removable/tunable ports...I have all winter to experiment with new stuff too. Just because I do things different from other competitors doesn't make me wrong. Sometimes there's more than one way to accomplish the same thing and I always look for a better way.

Its cool though, doubt is more motivation to do it right!

And for the record my scores are with 1 DD z1a amp. Only 5k and 2 Batcap 3000's in the back and 1 Batcap 2000 under the hood at 12v. I went to 2 Batcap 8400's in the back in SS no wall and actually did less with 153.9. I was louder then your Yugo with half the power then your 8k that you were bragging you clamped 13k out of and in a car 3X bigger at 40hrtz. Jeep with 2 15's and a 5k VS Yugo with 2 12's and a 8k. You should be louder. If either Nate or T.J. need my help or Daves help we are here for you to get you guys louder. Just call us. Second place aint so bad guys
wow is all i can say its funny how ya speak for Dave and its funny how ya talk to me. first of i was rising all yr to 1.7 ohm that 3 time the rise then i would rise if i was running a strapped amp strapped each amp would see .88 so i was right on par with my dbdrag score of 154.1 for 4k on one 12volt battery. ya i could get more out of the 8k if i cut the box down but alot more work would need to be done. but like i sead in the upper post you all ready know this. or do ya seen how dave built your box and ya that was the first shot at ya.

2nd off ya had a crx and sold it why the jeep was louder or was it ya did not know what to do with it and did not want to look a fool. bro i stated to ya in the upper post it was no disrespect ya never had My # and from the looks of it ya never will as for the 2nd plase ya need to read some stats and see who beat me i dont see you in any of it. As for me and Dave i have no beef just helping out a firend and its not like i did not state any of this to him when he was on my TEAM. 2nd off i thought you built that jeep to gun for me but i never seen ya in drag. so who were ya gunning for ya had no comp and bro im just a lil upset i give ya props and try to tell ya not to take the wrong way buy ya did and the way i see it o well.

its funny how ya work for a shop and have other guys build your **** That Is the 2nd shot.

why dont ya build a real street car and come show me somthing. That is a calling out. that is shot 3.

Team ACT ACT aka Atending class today. You dont want me to come to no wall you will be 3rd then. so if you or your team want advice you can come to school any time its 100 dollars a db.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.