New cars and mid bass?

- With your speakers you don't need to actually "seal" the door off persay, but I usually deaden over the bigger holes... Just make sure your drains at the bottom of the door are not covered up or clogged when you're done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Here - There is a lot of useful info here, and on this site as a whole: Doors | Sound Deadener Showdown
Thanks for that link it really helped out. the only thing im confused on is how to make the barrier for the inner door skin. Do i just use ccf in between the door panel and door skin? and where can I pick some ccf up at? Again thanks for all the help

Don't use any "deadener" from a hardware store. If you want to do it right the first time, then you're going to pay for a top-notch deadener. I'd personally go with Sound Deadener Showdown if you want to do it all right. The owner, Don, will help you figure out exactly what you need for your goals, and treat you right.

Welcome to Sound Deadener Showdown | Sound Deadener Showdown

In the past I've used Audio Technix and it's been great for me. They've now changed names to CT Sounds.

For CCF, there's a handful of things you can use that actually will work well. But car audio CCF is usually designed to keep moisture out, and it's just a bit more suited for the environment.

Other brands that would be good: Second Skin, Murder Mat, Raammat.

It looks like the AudioTechnix brand I was speaking of earlier, is available on eBay: 24 Sq ft Ct Sounds 80 Mil Sound Deadener Heat Shield Square Feet | eBay

That's an 80mil pack so it's very thick, and heavy. the 24sq ft would probably be enough to do all 4 doors and trunk properly.

I know it's quite a bit pricier than whatever the hell that GTmat is that was listed earlier. But that only has a thickness of 50mil. Honestly, you'll end up having to use more of that and do more work, than you would with this product.

That's just my opinion from my personal experiences. That'd be the way to do it right. If you want to save a few bucks then go ahead and get something cheaper.

I try to keep fish out of my speakers, so I dont have that problem. I can recommend RAAMmat. It worked well, but they sold me too much of the heavy BXT II for the front doors of a four-door sedan. So I have four sheets of that left from the eight sheets of BXT II they said I would need. I guess I could go and do the rear doors now, but they dont have speakers in them, so it is not really worth my time....

Thanks for that link it really helped out. the only thing im confused on is how to make the barrier for the inner door skin. Do i just use ccf in between the door panel and door skin? and where can I pick some ccf up at? Again thanks for all the help
NP //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Now CCF you should be able to find locally I would think... I get it from a buddy who gets it from where he works... CCF is just closed cell foam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.