New cars and mid bass?

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
I was driving my girlfriends Kia Soul the other day and noticed how good the midbass was and I cant figure out why her car with a stock system has so much better midbass than my truck which has focal access components on a polk pa660. Obviously I don't have top of the line stuff but I would imagine it would be a little better than her Kia Soul. Can anybody explain why her car has such good midbass for a stock system and how i can enhance mine. Thanks for the help everyone

Have you sealed up & deadened your doors and sealed off around the outside of the speaker to the door panels?
No I haven't done any of that so I'm sure thats why mine sounds horrible. What will I need to do all that? I'm pretty new to sound deadening

No I haven't done any of that so I'm sure thats why mine sounds horrible. What will I need to do all that? I'm pretty new to sound deadening
- With your speakers you don't need to actually "seal" the door off persay, but I usually deaden over the bigger holes... Just make sure your drains at the bottom of the door are not covered up or clogged when you're done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Here - There is a lot of useful info here, and on this site as a whole: Doors | Sound Deadener Showdown

this is what i am going to get Amazon.com: GTMAT 50 sqft Automotive Audio Constrained Layer Dampening Sound Deadener 50mil PRO - Rattle Deadener Installation Kit Includes: 50sqft (qty 13 - 36in X 16in sheets), Instruction Sheet, Application Roller, Degreaser, GT MAT Decals: MP3 Pl, if u are just going to do holes this will be more than enough, u may be able to do less sqft b/c u are not doing a trunk, but u will be spending just as much as u would for that stuff.

or u can get the 36sqft, which would be more than enough for doors for full coverage

http://www.amazon.com/GTMAT-Automotive-Audio-Constrained-Dampening/dp/B009SSWIN2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0348NYCCFACN55D50XRX

A lot of that "midbass" from her factory system is actually distortion that the cheap speakers on low power are making as they try to play lows. I have my stock speakers running on a nice little two channel now and are highpassed at ~70hz and all that "midbass" that I had on the stock power running full range is gone, but they are much much more clear on clean power and not straining to play lows.

Is that a pretty good brand when it comes to deadener? I just wanna do it right the first time and not have to worry about it. Thanks for the help man

- With your speakers you don't need to actually "seal" the door off persay, but I usually deaden over the bigger holes... Just make sure your drains at the bottom of the door are not covered up or clogged when you're done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Here - There is a lot of useful info here, and on this site as a whole: Doors | Sound Deadener Showdown
So i would just need to deaden on the inside portion of the door and then the front part of the door where the speaker is? Sorry I've never sound deadened before lol Thanks for the help by the way

if u r on a budget its good, i used some cheap stuff on my trunk and it worked great, i have not tried GTMAT yet, but i am going to, i used expensive kind on my old car and it worked good, but i am sure this will be just as good

on some lexus and bmws, its not really sounding distorted at all, its pure globs of clean sounding midbass. The manufacturers really spend a good deal of time perfecting the placement and overall vehicle accoustics of these 2013+ cars to get great sound with cheaper speakers and save on cost meanwhile putting out a system most people think sounds great.

on some lexus and bmws, its not really sounding distorted at all, its pure globs of clean sounding midbass. The manufacturers really spend a good deal of time perfecting the placement and overall vehicle accoustics of these 2013+ cars to get great sound with cheaper speakers and save on cost meanwhile putting out a system most people think sounds great.
Sound deadner alone will help me achieve noticeably better mid bass? How do I apply it do I need to like clean the doors first?

if u r on a budget its good, i used some cheap stuff on my trunk and it worked great, i have not tried GTMAT yet, but i am going to, i used expensive kind on my old car and it worked good, but i am sure this will be just as good
Cool I'll definitely give it a try then. I was looking at second skin but it's pricey. Thanks for the recommendation

have to agree with the sound deadening..I had a 87 mustang and had I guess decent componants overall as a system and it sounded horrible until I sealed off the doors and trunk...It definitely makes your system louder inside the vehicle...You can buy some cheaper stuff from the hardware store to sound deaden the car..its not as thick as say Dynamat would be but its **** sure a lot cheaper and im sure will make the difference youre looking for in sound quality.

Don't expect booming bass from your door speakers but the mids and highs will sound clearer...You may not have to turn it up as loud to get good sound as well which is better for your amp anyway.

A lot of what makes sound muddy or distorted comes from road noise in general..It creates low frequency inside the car muffling the sound making it sound distorted.

Ever notice a stereo sounds better when the car is parked as opposed to driving down the highway?..Solid proof.

I forget the name of the material you can get from your local hardware store but ill look it up for you and get you a name..theres a couple choices actually.

You can also use a spray on rubber coating called flex seal to make an improvement...Just be ready to tear the door panels apart and if you want even more, the head liner as well..Alot of sound escapes and comes through the roof..Ive heard very low dollar budget stereos sound amazing with proper installation of sound deadening.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.