New Car

Nukedsodapop
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Somewhere
Wellllll It's time I got a new car, dont get me wrong I '

Well thats when dad comes up to me and asks if i'd be interested in a '91 Mustang 'vert. I'm like wellllllllll idk lets go look at it

So we go look at it, it's a nice car, Alitle dirty, and it needs some work, but for the price, you cant beat it

I wanted it before we drove it, but man I wanted it even more after we drove it, It already had a cam, headers, and flowmasters on it, It was quick, quick enough to put your head in the headrest

So we get it for $900, which is good for a car that already has a cam and everything and the only thing that doesnt work are the Top (It doesnt go down automatically, but the guy threw in a extra top assemnbly dso it would work, It'll still go down manually though) and the right window doesnt work (we already have a motor for it)

I love the thing, I cant wait till summer just to ride around with the top back listenin to music haha

I already have my idea for the system, Since the backseat is basically useless, Im gonna build an isobaric box (so the woofer(s) are enclosed in the box) and bolt the box down to the car, and upholster it red, like the rest of the interior. and run the amp(s) in the trunk

It's weird going from driving a 4000 pound car to a 2800 pound car with the same if not more power haha, I like it

-Blake

P.S. I need I deas for a system, this is just the first go...

Yeah, another Ford guy, lol! I am glad you like it. I mean for 900 bucks, any car that seems to run good and already has stuff done to it you really cant beat. Get some pics of it.

Also the sound system will be tricky if it is a convertible. I did one in a 1994 z24 cavalier and never sounded right. I had all MTX equip in it. 2 12" MTX 9500'S with custom ported box in back seat. All amps were in back, 2 1501d's, 2 342 highs amps and 1 3 way crossover. 2 optima dry cells and the big3 done with 0/1g wire. I mean when the top was up, it slammed, but soon as you let it down, just didnt sound right, was still loud, just not the same, however you could here this ride coming from a far. Good luck!

Sounds like a sweet ride, and you got a hell of a deal on it. Oh yeah...

Pics of it, and pics of the engine.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/needpics.gif.edd6d28e76618c28c46f343991bcced5.gif

This should have been a give upon making this thread! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Beutiful, a 302 HO..

Hey you should let me know if you are replacing any parts and need to get rid of the old ones. Some HO parts would be a nice treat for my Marquis's 302.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.