Car vibration question?

GRANDV
10+ year member

When driving at speeds of 65mph, my vehicle starts to vibrate. The steering wheel shakes like crazy. I had new brakes & rotors installed this month. So, I am trying to find out what could be causing this. Are there any other things I should be looking for to this problem? Thanks for any and all replies.

its gotta be because they arent balanced. my sis car did that. while she was going down the road when i drove next to her the wheel was shaking like a motha trucker. she took it in got it balanced. and it was good to go.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

could be anything from uneven tire pressure causing uneven wear (which would then cause unsteadiness), mismatched tires, loose inner or outer tie rod ends, tires out of balance or out of round wheels, could have a wobbly rack and pinion.

gonna need to have that checked out

My best guess would be to say a wheel/tire is out of balance. Balancing is cheap and if you havent had your tires rotated in a while it would be a good idea to get it done while the wheels are off of the car.

And a earlier post, I believe you mean there is a belt in the TIRE broken, not the wheel.

I'd try getting your tires balanced first, as it'll be much cheaper than a full alignment and is most likely the problem. Make sure before you take the car in you wash off any dirt/mud/muck buildup on the tires and wheels so you don't balance the mud on them... because when it falls off you will have a horribly inbalanced wheel.

I can lift a vehicle, balance all 4 tires, rotate them, and put them back on a vehicle torqued to specs in 10-15 minutes. A full alignment takes A LOT longer. Longer = more money.

Check for build-up on your wheels. I had the problem earlyer this year, took it off, and cleaned it out, worlds of difference. They may be balance but the buildup throws it off, easy, and cheap problem to fix...

Jon

my car had the same problem when at highway speeds. It was the worst when braking from highway speeds. It was still under warranty so they tried everything for me and tried to balance the tires 3 times with no luck. it wound up being the tires themselves. got four new ones and i haven't had a problem since

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/patriotic.gif.b47a6e0394a3738334c387bdf79409f4.gif

my car had the same problem when at highway speeds. It was the worst when braking from highway speeds. It was still under warranty so they tried everything for me and tried to balance the tires 3 times with no luck. it wound up being the tires themselves. got four new ones and i haven't had a problem since

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/patriotic.gif.b47a6e0394a3738334c387bdf79409f4.gif
some tires you just cant balance. they are bad to the point where nothing helps, especially when you get into bigger tires, like 33"+. i just gave up on mine (35"). they have a little wobble but not too bad, you wont ever get them perfect anyway.

Mine does too, but it's the tierods. There was a recall on the next model year, which is the exact same parts, but none for my year. I had them checked, and yep - need to be fixed.

Problem is audi bars aren't as cheap as honda ones. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.