New Car! low budget, need some advice

So I just bought a new 2014 Spark lt, I know, but Im a student and that gas mileage is all that matters. Stepped down from an Impala, which had had at one point 2 rf p3 12" and a Hyfonics brutus amp. (not sure if that's good or bad, but it was loud). This car has the fancy stock head unit with the touch screen and I'm definitely not removing it; I know that you can us a Line splitter to get a signal from the rears and I'll look into that.

My question is what is the best bang for buck (remember I'm poor, and will buy used if I can) 10 to throw in the back, was looking at the dcon ssa 12, but what amp would you vets use for it, just for a nice, loud, but not extreme bass? and enclosure

soundqubed with both subs and amp for best quality bang for buck. For super budget bang for buck, soundqubed subs and ppi black ice amp.

for a very budget low powered setup, then Yes the Dcons would work nicely along with a ppi phantom 900.5 5 channel amp.

Dont use splitters, it really destroys the sound quality.

This thing will give you plenty of channels to work with since your going the stock headunit route.

Amazon.com: AudioControl - LC6i - Line Output Converters: Car Electronics

For extreem budget:

Get a b stock sundown e10v2 d4 and a audiopipe apsm1300 get the sub in 4 ohm so you can run the amp/sub in 2 ohm and later if you want to add another sub you can do 1 ohm and the amp will power both subs no problem

B stock e10v2 are running 74$ and the apsm 1300 is 105$ shipped you will also need the audio controll lc6i to get the signal from your stock deck to the amp $110 and you will need an amp kit 50$ that's $340.00 and it will sound pretty good only other thing you will need is a sub box something like 1-1.5 cu3 tuned around 35 htz

You could save some money on the signal converter . I know audiopipe makes one for 40$

Other options would be the sound qubed bundle mentioned above or you could do an American bass vfl8 110$ on eBay and power it with the ppi 600.1 that would be a nice lil set up

I have a pair of Cadence S2W8 8" woofers, rated at 500W RMS but very underrated, could throw 1500W to the pair all day. $125 shipped to your door, as long as you're in the lower 48. PM me if you're interested.

Yeah the extra money for the apcl amp is well worth it...not that the apsm's are bad it's just that the apcl's do closer to rated power

What kind of money are we workin with?? We are talkin 50$ so I deff would jump to the apcl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.