• Participant list

blackwing

Possible Setup:

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT = 105.99

Polk Audio DB6501 6.5" Component= 119.99

Polk Audio DB691 6"x9" Coaxial - 86.98

Pioneer GM-D8604 Amplifier = 135.95

Rockville RWK42 4 Gauge Complete Amplifier Kit (2 sets of RCA) = 42.95

I got those parts right from Amazon's bestseller/recommended list. The speakers size are compatible with my car (I think). I've no idea about car audio and found this place. I was fine with my stock setup, until a year ago when the rear speakers died. I though that I'm still okay with only the front speakers since they are still loud enough for me to appreciate the music but a week ago I started having issues with the volume. Even if I crank it up to 100%, I can barely hear anything. I thought maybe the head unit's amplifier died or something. And now, I decided to move on and get a new set with a little bit of upgrade in sound quality.

Do you think the parts above are compatible? Did I match each of their interface/connections?

They amount to almost 500 but my budget is just 400. I'm just a casual listener. Maybe cheaper speakers or amplifier that is a bit less of a performer from above? Can you guys suggest a better combination so that I won't go over my budget?

The Polk Audio speakers' rated RMS is 100w for each channel (according to Polk's site), my stock is just 50w. Would I benefit from the additional wattage? I usually only set the volume at 40-45% at the most on my stock speakers.

Also, can the amplifier handle the speakers?

If I don't crank the volume up, would the speakers sound how they should? Would I hear their full potential?

Is the head unit good enough? I need ipod connection and bluetooth.

Regarding the ohms thing, is there anything I need to take into consideration?

Really need help!

I also don't have any plans for a subwoofer. Really, just a casual listener here. I don't need a loud setup. Or maybe I should choose a set that can be powered through the Head Unit alone?

well, I can save you money on the amp and the 6.5's since I have a new set of DB's never used, and I have an amp that will run them for cheaper also, can also help you out with an inexspensive sub that will add to your listening experience and an amp for that as well, pm me for more details and I can keep you within your budget .

Setup looks good! However, adding a subwoofer doesn't necessarily mean your system will be overpoweringly loud bass-wise. A clean sounding, sealed box subwoofer (ported if you are decent at designing them - not hard, free software out there to do it with) can elicit a crisp, flat response for the lower end of your music. Yes, those 6x9 Polks will have decent midbass, but your system will be lacking in the deep end. I definitely recommend a low power sub to accompany your setup!

James,

Would the setup above be a drastic change from my stock setup? Also, is it possible to run it without an amp? I'm thinking maybe it would be too loud for me.

I also have a question regarding the amp. According to the pioneer site, it is a 1200watts amp. If let's say, I'm on volume 30 is it still ******* 1200watts of power?

Do you adjust the volume on the amp or the head unit? (Sorry for being stupid with this)

If I implement a subwoofer, would the 6x9 Polks be redundant?

Car is Civic EX 97.

best sounding system on a budget would be a head unit, 2 channel amp and 2 good speakers up front. adding a small sub will help alot to add some depth to your music. even a 6.5 or 8 inch sub on low power would work for you from the sounds of it. a little sound deadening behind your door speakers maybe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.