Central Region New Car Audio Competition Starting in 2012 MUSIC BASED!!

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
I can assure you guys that this new format will be available anywhere aslong as there would be a certain amount of people competing. I am a part of Team Aftermath and a supporter of this new format. And trust me we are a fairly large team so there is a wide variety of set ups just within us. What inspired us to come up with this format was the opportunity for average people with average systems to compete in a fair atmosphere where most burp machines would not do real well. In other words systems that play music and not burp machines, if your reading this and have been to atleast 1 comp then you know what were refering to.

I'm glad my man Rob brought this to the table here, because I actually thought most of the people here would beatup the idea. It is gonna happen, were just inviting anyone to try it. Just remember, it's a music playing comp not burp and you have to play for 30sec, so even some of the better burp machines would not handle this unless they retune and downsize power, which would change their score for a better playing feild.

Give it a try you may like the idea. Don't forget to check out the site for full details. Russ

We are also working on getting USACI back in the sceen for this part of the country so if we accomplish that it will be double format events. Db Drag shows in this area dont have very big turn outs either, but our goal is to get more people interested in competing, people who wouldnt because they felt they didnt have something worthy.

Russ

almost seems like too many classes. especially for smaller shows that may only get 1-4 people in any given class

Here is the issue.

All the orgs will created with the same idea originality.

With that said, this structure has far to many classes and needs to be slimmed down. The other issue is that you will catch all of the "half loud" guys who can not compete at the level the guys in the big orgs are. Which means the "every day" guy still has no where to play.

I'm never apposed to new ideas and orgs and support the opportunity for everyone to succeed and wish you the best. With that said, you should work with a promoter that understands that idea of shows work that can help you get in the right direction.

Good luck though, it would seem in this industry and how it works a large amount of "luck" is needed.

We are also working on getting USACI back in the sceen for this part of the country so if we accomplish that it will be double format events. Db Drag shows in this area dont have very big turn outs either, but our goal is to get more people interested in competing, people who wouldnt because they felt they didnt have something worthy.Russ
In reality it is not just your area that shows struggle in. With the exception of a few a shows (and texas as whole) most shows across the US are struggling. Every year numerous small shows are canceled and a few of the larger shows get canceled every year.

Trust me, we have a handful of veterans already on board and a few judges. This new format was formed with about 30 sum people involved. I thank you for the vote of confidence and there will be minor adjustments as we stroll along but this format will stay music based even if it never leaves the quad state area. If it changes to the point that the other orgs did then it will be a fail and be no longer. Russ

Here is the issue.
All the orgs will created with the same idea originality.

With that said, this structure has far to many classes and needs to be slimmed down. The other issue is that you will catch all of the "half loud" guys who can not compete at the level the guys in the big orgs are. Which means the "every day" guy still has no where to play.

I'm never apposed to new ideas and orgs and support the opportunity for everyone to succeed and wish you the best. With that said, you should work with a promoter that understands that idea of shows work that can help you get in the right direction.

Good luck though, it would seem in this industry and how it works a large amount of "luck" is needed.

I aswell as others dont feel there are too many classes, I guess I dont totally understand why some would feel that way, to me it allows the not so loud guys as ya call it, to fall into a class that they could compete in. Thats probably why there are so many that cant compete, because there is no class for them, hence why we have the classes we do and set up the way they are, so anyone can compete that would have the desire to do so. We all have a passion if we have subwoofers in our rides, its because we love bass.

This is our point: person A has a 15" subwoofer tuned to 55hz with 1000rms, person B has a 15" subwoofer tuned to 35hz with 1000rms both in the trunk of a car, who is gonna have the higher spl?, person A will prevail and we all know this and probably by atleast 5db, why did person A prevail, because he built a burp machine but yet falls into the same class as person B just because thats how it works. With that said, we know there will be some spl competiters that will not compete in our format, but thats ok because the majority is music based and have systems designed to play music. We beleive we covered most system applications.

Trust me, we have a handful of veterans already on board and a few judges. This new format was formed with about 30 sum people involved. I thank you for the vote of confidence and there will be minor adjustments as we stroll along but this format will stay music based even if it never leaves the quad state area. If it changes to the point that the other orgs did then it will be a fail and be no longer. Russ

Too many classes. unfair the the noobs like me I don't want to up against 3--15's with 2--12's. that's double the cone area, I'm sure some people can do it. I want to have fun and not get my *** handed to me every time i show up, no fun.. who's going to show up and pay $25~$40 to have there *** handed to them by the guy with the SUV with 3 15's Most people are limited to the box size that they can fit into there car. Even if they have the cash most people cant fit 3 15's into there car/truck, but the suv's can? most people/new comers have 2-12's in there car/suv. I love going up against the same cone area, I would love to say I have the two loudest 12's in AZ out of the trunk. So any comp that has a cone area rule I like, and even better if you clamp the amp's. The whole amp rating thing is so f!ck'ed up, just due to the way they rate them. I can get a DD,Sundown,and others and run them down to .5 ohms. While the new guy the weekend guy has a crunch, Boss CE3800D, for $138 and only putting out 700 of clean power, and if that. So far the shows I went to see a lot of new guy's come in with there audio express system, and they get there *** handed to them by every one. They leave never to return. A two simple class's based on SPL say up to 135db and 135+ and for the 1st timers would be good and encourage them to return, that would grow the sport!!!

That been said love to see a setup like

1 to 260 sq. in. = 5-8” woofers, 3-10” woofers, 2-12” woofers, or 1-15” woofer.

261 to 520 sq. in. = 10-8” woofers, 6-10” woofers, 4-12” woofers, 2-15” woofers, or 2-18” woofers.

521+ sq. in. = unlimited quantity and size of woofers.

and you can have a trunk class, mod, walled, extreme, clamped ect. ect. (just for starter's)

I'm "lightly" involved with various orgs, you could say.

I do hope the best for you guys. If you do multiple shows for next to no cost to anyone it will help some, but another large issue is retailer or other "host" participation. With out that, funding for orgs becomes very hard to come up with.

Perhaps I have just been with in the industry to long to offer input for this that will allow you to grow more? Perhaps more so it is that all opinions given are just passed over with out a glance?

I'm excited about this. I'm in central Indiana and willing to travel a state away for shows. Schedules permitting. A lot of shows seem to have been getting cancelled in the last 6 months locally and the shows that go as planned seem to fly under my radar and I miss them.

By the way, your not far away, have you any interest in competing? Russ
i would love to get involved. and wouldnt mind working my way into judging if i like the way things are setup. ive been debating on doing meca judge training, but im just not sure i really want to.

this sounds like it could be a lot of fun though. as long as i dont end up running against a bunch of crx's playing techno at 60hz...

would also be nice to have shows more often on saturday than sunday as some of the others do.

It is based on cone area and power, do you realize that even some of the cheap amplifiers out there will run down to .25, sure their not rated for that but we do it all the time, so with that being said it does make it fair, db drag also uses rated power at 4ohm. I've had my azz handed to me by vehicles that are tuned much higher than me but I still compete because I enjoy the involvement. I would prolly have a harder time winning event than most due to the fact that I'm tuned low for music and dont run as much power as some with simular set ups. We had a guy at 1 of our last shows come all the way from Florida to compete for the first time, he didnt do real well but he had fun.

It is a chance for the average person to compete with an average system. Is there gonna be guys who try to cheat, sure, but we have that in every org but we are actually gonna do our best to monitor for that just because we know people will try it just to be #1.

I will look forward to meeting everyone that comes to the shows even if you dont compete.

Russ

Too many classes. unfair the the noobs like me I don't want to up against 3--15's with 2--12's. that's double the cone area, I'm sure some people can do it. I want to have fun and not get my *** handed to me every time i show up, no fun.. who's going to show up and pay $25~$40 to have there *** handed to them by the guy with the SUV with 3 15's Most people are limited to the box size that they can fit into there car. Even if they have the cash most people cant fit 3 15's into there car/truck, but the suv's can? most people/new comers have 2-12's in there car/suv. I love going up against the same cone area, I would love to say I have the two loudest 12's in AZ out of the trunk. So any comp that has a cone area rule I like, and even better if you clamp the amp's. The whole amp rating thing is so f!ck'ed up, just due to the way they rate them. I can get a DD,Sundown,and others and run them down to .5 ohms. While the new guy the weekend guy has a crunch, Boss CE3800D, for $138 and only putting out 700 of clean power, and if that. So far the shows I went to see a lot of new guy's come in with there audio express system, and they get there *** handed to them by every one. They leave never to return. A two simple class's based on SPL say up to 135db and 135+ and for the 1st timers would be good and encourage them to return, that would grow the sport!!!
That been said love to see a setup like

1 to 260 sq. in. = 5-8” woofers, 3-10” woofers, 2-12” woofers, or 1-15” woofer.

261 to 520 sq. in. = 10-8” woofers, 6-10” woofers, 4-12” woofers, 2-15” woofers, or 2-18” woofers.

521+ sq. in. = unlimited quantity and size of woofers.

and you can have a trunk class, mod, walled, extreme, clamped ect. ect. (just for starter's)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.